𝟏𝟐.𝟑「 𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐌𝐄 」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"This is the north drain" JJ announces "It's should've gotten washed into the gully. So, if it got flushed out from this drain, it would've been pushed out to, like..."

"Somewhere in this trash" Pope finishes and I share a disgusted look with Kiara.

"Correct" JJ chirps and I cross my arms over my pink crop top covered chest.

"Oh, my God. People who use plastic should be shot" Kiara declares.

"Okay, personally, I love plastic. Use it everyday. Love the stuff" JJ argues.

"Hopefully, you recycle it and don't let it flush into the ocean" She retorts and JJ awkwardly looks at me, making me shake my head with a smile.

"I thought you'd say something like that, so...trash bags" Pope states, holding up the black trash bags and I internally awe.

"Did you just proactively protect the environment?" Kiara asks with a cheesy smile on her face.

"Maybe" Pope answers with a smile.

"Do you want us to leave you two alone, or what's going on?" JJ asks and I slap him arm for interrupting the cute moment, Pope throwing the roll of trash bags at him.

"Pick up the trash" Pope orders and Kiara grins widely.

We spend what feels like hours rummaging around, looking for the gun and picking up trash.

"Well, that was fun" JJ mutters sarcastically, placing the last bag of trash with the other bags full.

"If it's not in the trash, then it's gotta be somewhere in the storm drain" Pope declares.

"It's in- it's in the drain" JJ agrees.

"Damn it" I huff in annoyance, wiping my dirty hands on my denim shorts.

"Of course it is" Kiara scoffs.

"Good thing I brought the crow" JJ chirps.

"So, are we gonna do, like, rock, paper, scissors?" Kiara asks.

"No" JJ answers.

"Or alphabetically?" I suggest.

"Nah" JJ shakes his head "On three, Pope. One, two, three"

JJ grunts as the boys yank off the drain cover and I share a confused look with Kiara.

"Or, like, oldest goes?" She asks.

"In the sewer, there's this worm that you get when you're down there. It gets into your blood, and then it has to come out your pecker" JJ explains "So, uh...that would be a hard pass for me"

"Yeah. That's gonna be a no for me" Pope nods in agreement.

"No, I get it. I get it. You guys are scared" Kiara laughs and I giggle.

"I'm not scared" JJ objects.

"It's kind of cute" I coo.