𝟏𝟒.𝟒「 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Finally" JJ huffs as Kiara and Pope arrive home, the four of us running down the pier towards them "Hey!"

"Guys, don't tie up. Stop it!" I add.

"What?" Kiara frowns as we approach the couple.

"We're dipping" JJ elaborates.

"Wait, why?" Pope asks.

"What?" Kiara repeats "What are you talking about?"

"Where'd you guys go? What happened last night?" John B questions them.

"We slept on the break. What's up?" Pope replies.

"Slept, right. Yeah" JJ scoffs and I throw my arms around a confused Kiara "We were up all night"

"We gotta get the hell out of here" John B declares.

"What's wrong?" Kiara whispers to me in concern, hugging me tightly.

"It was so scary, Kie" I mumble.

"Rafe knows we're here, so we have to leave, like, now" Sarah explains.

"Okay" Kiara nods as I pull away from her.

"Come on, O" Sarah says, tapping my shoulder.

I turn to the boat, expecting JJ to be standing there with his hand out like he always does but I'm surprised to see him on the opposite side of the boat with his eyes on the water.

I brush off my selfish disappointment due to our current situation and climb into the boat myself, turning to help John B lower the injured Sarah in beside me.

"You all right?" John B asks his girlfriend.

"Yeah, yeah" She assures him.

Once we're all in the boat, Pope drives us to the secluded spot of Rixon's Cove where we gather around and debate our situation.

"Look, if Rafe and Barry know, it's only a matter of time" Kiara starts.

"Before everyone knows" Pope adds.

"I told you" JJ scoffs "We should've gone south, man"

"Just stop it" John B warns him.

"Why does no one ever listen?" JJ continues.

"I get it, I get it. I understand" John B assures the blonde who storms over to me in anger.

I reach out to grab his hand but he pulls his hand away, running it through his hair and I frown, my heart dropping.

"I have an idea" Sarah speaks up and we all look at her "With me back, my dad's going to have to choose between me and Rafe"

"Sarah, Sarah-" John B tries to reason with her.

"He's gonna choose me" Sarah says with certainty.