𝟏𝟕.𝟑「 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐘𝐎𝐔 」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Bonfire?" JJ questions, holding a note that was given to John B in class "Well, I think she meant to give it to me so we're all good there. We're definitely going"

"Shut up, JJ" I scoff, snatching the note from him and shoving it in the bin as we pass.

"Don't be jealous, princess. You're the only girl I want to take to the bonfire" JJ coos.

"Then why haven't you asked me yet?" I retort.

"Ask you?" He questions.

"Mr Heyward, Mr Routledge, Mr Maybank, Miss Harlow, just the students I wanted to see" Mr Sunn declares, interrupting the blonde boy.

"Wish I could say the same" JJ replies.

"I have a question of an historical nature for you, guys" Mr Sunn explains, ushering us inside his classroom "I digitise documents for the Maritime Museum and in return, I've been given access to the archives. And I found...this"

"A box" Pope states as the man walks towards us with a grey box in hand.

"More than a box" Mr Sunn counters.

"That's a good start" John B mumbles.

Mr Sunn opens the box to reveal something wrapped in a plastic bag and he looks up at Pope.

"Go ahead, Mr Heyward" The man says and Pope reaches out, picking up the item "Uh, careful with that"

"Whoa" Pope murmurs as he takes the leather book out of the plastic bag.

"It's a diary" Mr Sunn elaborates "The author's unknown"

Pope opens the book and on the first page there is a wheat symbol drawn on it.

"Whoa" John B and I hum in unison.

"And this is a sample of a Denmark Tanny letter" Mr Sunn adds, placing down a sheet of paper "Compare the handwriting"

John B lifts the paper and holds it side by the diary that Pope skims through.

"No way" Pope gasps.

"It's nearly identical" Mr Sunn states.

"This is Denmark Tanny's diary" Pope declares before stopping at a drawing of a man "Guys, it's Captain Limbrey. August 6th, 1829"

"That's the year the Royal Merchant went down" John B points out.

"I thought you might find it interesting" Mr Sunn tells us.

"Thank you so much for this" Pope says to the man gratefully without looking up from the diary.

"It's important to know your own history" Mr Sunn replies before getting up and leaving.

"Oh my God" Pope suddenly gasps "It's the Cross of Santo Domingo"

John B, JJ and I all gather around the boy to look down at the pages.