𝟐𝟒.𝟏「𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐄」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I exit my room and this terrible feeling of anxiety washes over me, making me feel physically ill. I step out side into the cool breeze and I realise that I'm back there, I'm on the boat again.

My heart beats wildly against my chest and I try to wake myself up from this reoccurring nightmare but I can't shake myself awake, so let out a breath and turn to face it head on.

Sarah and Ward are arguing and I hear my voice, but I don't move my lips.

"You're scaring me" Sarah cries out as Ward grabs her by the face "Don't. No"

"Hey, no!" I hear myself screaming.

Ward spins to me and before I can blink there's a knife protruding from my gut and I'm in agonising pain.

"NO!" Sarah wails.

I jolt up in my bed with a scream that turns my throat raw and within seconds, both of my guardians burst into the room with wild worried eyes.

"What happened?" Jason snaps.

"Are you okay?" Ophelia rushes forward and strokes my sweaty hair off my face "God, you're shaking"

"It was just a bad dream" I tell them, my voice raspy and sore.

My big sister and brother in law share a look and I push off my covers, slipping off the bed onto wobbly legs.

"I'm going to shower and get changed" I tell them and they both nod in understanding "Have you heard from JJ yet?"

"He hasn't turned up yet" Jason answers with a small frown and I mirror his expression.

"Okay. I might check his house and see if he's there" I think aloud.

"I could check" Jason offers.

"Yeah, Jason could have a look. You don't have to leave" Ophelia assures me, clearly not wanting me to leave.

"If I don't look myself, I wont able to relax" I counter and she nods with a sigh.

My sister pulls herself up from her place sat on my bed and presses a kiss to my forehead, smiling at me warmly.

"We love you. Be safe" She tells me.

"I love you too" I smile right back at her.

They both leave my room and I head straight to the shower before changing into a comfortable pair of jeans and a light pink sweater. I say goodbye to my family and head off to the Maybank house on my bike.

When I arrive I see that there is an eviction notice on the door and JJ is round the back of the house with his motorcycle. I lean my bike against the porch and wander over to him, waiting for him to notice me.

"Hey" He mumbles when he does.

"Hi" I murmur back.

"You lost?" He questions.

"No, why would you ask that?" I frown deeply.