𝟐𝟐.𝟏「𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏 𝐁𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐏𝐈𝐃」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I'm woken up to an incessant sound of someone knocking their knuckles on glass and I peel my eyes open, realising that I'm in the bed instead of the chair I remember falling asleep in. Sitting up, I glance at Rafe on the floor as he stirs awake and let my eyes narrow in on Kiara who is hitting the window to get a guard's attention.

"Hey! Hey. I need to talk to Mr Singh" She whisper yells "Hey, go get Mr Singh"

"What are you doing?" Rafe grumbles in confusion.

"Hey, you! I need to talk to Mr Singh" She says louder, ignoring him.

"Kiara, stop it!" I hiss in annoyance as Rafe jumps to his feet.

"Shut up. Shut up. Shut up" Rafe mumbles before standing right in front of her "Hey. What are you doing?"

"Like I owe you an explanation" Kiara scoffs.

"Think for a second!" He snaps as she strides past him to the door "Kie, what are you doing?"

"Hello?" She calls out, banging on the door.

"Are you fucking deaf? Stop being stupid!" I fire at her, pulling myself out of bed.

"Hey! What're you doing?!" Rafe grits out.

"Don't talk to me!" She shouts at him.

"Who do you think you're talking to, huh?" I sneer in anger and Rafe tugs me back from hitting her again.

"After everything he's done, you're really going to defend him?" Kiara questions in disbelief.

"At least he didn't abandon me on the enemy's ship with a hunting knife in my stomach" I counter and her lips pull into a frown.

"What?" She breathes out in confusion.

"Look, you're lying about this diary thing. You know where it is" Rafe buts in.

"No, I don't" Kiara snaps at him irritation, walking back over to the window.

"You don't? Okay" Rafe shrugs sarcastically.

"You wish" She mutters.

"Okay, listen, I wouldn't tell me either" Rafe starts, walking over to her and I flop down onto the bed.

"Hey!" Kiara yells at the window.

"But he's never gonna believe we don't know something, all right? Singh killed that-" Rafe is cut off when Kiara spins around to face him with a glare.

"Hey!" She screams in his face.

"That was unnecessary" I murmur in boredom.

"Look around, Kie. I'm the only friend you got" Rafe declares and she shakes her head in disbelief.

The door abruptly opens and I jolt up to see a guard standing at the door.

"Hey. I need to talk to Mr Singh" Kiara runs up to the man "I have something to tell him. It's urgent.

"Yes" The guard agrees after a minute of uncomfortable silence.

Kiara follows the guard out of the room and he locks the door after her, leaving us locked in.

"Shit!" Rafe curses.

⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️

"Please don't hurt my friends! Please!" I hear Kiara screaming as she nears the room and my heart drops in worry "Please don't hurt them!"

"Inside!" The guard demands, pushing Kiara inside the room before locking it again.

Kiara sits down on the bed and she buries her face in her hands, breathing heavily. I know all too well that my best friend is verging on a panic attack and the heavy weight on my chest form watching her eases a little when I place a hand on her shoulder.

"What happened?" Rafe asks her but she doesn't answer him, she just takes deep breaths "You're gonna have to talk to me at some point. Okay?"

"Do I have to remind you of everything you've done?" Kiara spits out and I take my hand away, sitting down on the chair next to Rafe "You killed Peterkin. Do you remember that? And everything you've put Sarah through"

"Peterkin, I was protecting my father.                   Okay? I did what I had to, so... don't" Rafe retorts and I can see the tears glistening in his eyes as he starts to pace the room.

"Ray, sit down" I plead, standing up and grabbing his wrist gently.

The boy sits down in my seat that I offer him and I sink down onto the floor, sitting on the fluffy rug. I lean my head against his thigh and pick at a loose thread on my jacket, letting him toy with my hair.

"I'm as much a victim as she is" Rafe says in a small voice and I glance up to see Kiara give him a look "No? Think about it. Okay? What did I get  from shooting Peterkin, huh? Nothing. Okay? I had nothing against her. I mean, I- I- I liked her"

"You think I wanted to make that choice, huh?" He continues getting angry and I gently headbutt his knee, hoping to calm him down "What I did was a gift from me to my father for... for him, and I got screwed because of it, okay? So don't get that look when I say I'm a victim, all right? I am!"

"I will admit, though, what I- what I did to Sarah...what I tried to do, um...what I tried to do to Sarah, I admit that was wrong. I know that. All right? So you don't have to remind me" He tells her.

I glance up to see tears streaming down the Cameron boy's cheeks and my heart breaks for him, despite knowing everything bad he's ever done. He starts hitting himself in the head and I sit up straight, grabbing his wrists to stop him.

"Hey, enough of that. We talked about this, remember?" I murmur to him softly.

"Oh God" Kiara mutters.

"She was family. I should've never touched her, you know? I should've never touched her, but, you know, I just lose control in moments like that, and I don't know what happened" Rafe rambles out "I'm trying- I'm trying to get better"

"Yeah" Kiara nods.

"It doesn't matter. All I'm saying is just that I'm not the bad guy you think I am, okay?" Rafe explains and I rub little circles on his wrists with my thumbs, calming him down "But even if I was, even if I was just, like, bad Rafe Cameron or something...you got no choice. You may- you may not want to trust me, okay, but I'm your best bet"

"Look. I got a boat  that can get us off island, okay? But first, we gotta get out of here, and it is better if we work together" He finishes.

The sound of a large vehicle approaching the house gains our attention and we jump to our feet, racing over to the window to see guards piling into a truck.

"They're leaving?" Rafe questions in surprise.

"Where are they going?" I ask curiously.

"They're going to find your brother" Kiara says to me before looking at Rafe "And your sister"

"Sucks for them. That's good for us though" Rafe states, staring out the window as the truck speeds off "This may be our only shot at getting out of here"