𝟏𝟕.𝟏「 𝐁𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄 」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"He deserved it, right?" JJ asks Kiara and I as we sit on the dock of the chateau, Pope on the ramp and John B laying on the HMS.

"Are you joking?" She scoffs "Of course he deserved it"

"Never seen anyone blow themselves up like that" Pope comments.

"Cross that one off the bucket list" JJ replies.

"JJ!" Kiara scolds him, walking down the ramp to sit next to John B.

"Are you okay?" Kiara asks John B, rubbing his back.

"It's not me I'm worried about" John B mumbles.

"Poor Sarah" I sigh, laying my chin on my arms as I lean on the railing next to my boyfriend "She must be in so much pain right now"

"Why don't you go see her then?" JJ mutters under his breath and I stand up straight, looking at him in disbelief.

"Are you for real right now?" I ask him, hoping that I'm misunderstanding his words somehow.

"Forget it" He shrugs.

"No, I don't think I will" I retort.

"Just drop this, Odette" He groans.

"If you're gonna make stupid comments, at least have the balls to say it to my face" I spit out.

"Princess" He sighs, grabbing my wrist.

"Don't fucking princess me" I sneer, ripping my hand out of his hold and storming away.

After a while of sitting in the back yard shed and angrily scraping the dirty wax off of my surfboard, Kiara approaches me.

"Hey, bubba" She greets me, sitting down on a deck chair.

"Did he send you out here?" I ask bluntly, referring to the Maybank boy.

"No, but he's in a pissy mood after you leaving" She tells me.

"Good. Let him be in a mood" I shrug, propping my board against the wall and grabbing the last beer from the cooler.

"Do you wanna talk?" Kiara asks me in concern and I sit down on the chair in front of her, the girl lifting my feet onto her lap.

"He's really fucking boiling my blood, Kie" I spit in annoyance as she massages my feet and I use the thick silver band on my right ring finger to pop the cap off the beer bottle before taking a swig.

"I mean, who uses a situation like that to get jealous and start a fight?" I add in disbelief "Sarah's dad just blew up in front of her and he's here causing fights because I'm worried about my friend. What the fuck?"

"Could there be an underlying issue that's making him act like a douche?" Kiara wonders aloud and I sit back in my seat.

"Not that I know of" I answer.

"No fights recently?" She asks.

"Uh, a few here and there, I guess" I nod vaguely.