𝟏𝟐.𝟒「 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

JJ places the gun on Shoupe's desk and he looks at the four of us in surprise.

"So, y'all are telling me this is the firearm Rafe Cameron killed Peterkin with?" Shoupe asks.

"That's exactly what we're telling you" JJ nods.

"And the exact same firearm that Ward just used to kill Gavin" Pope adds.

"I- And where's that corpse again?" Shoupe asks us.

"Didn't you look?" Kiara asks.

"I checked the hospital. I went by his house. He was out" Shoupe answers.

"He was out?" I scoff.

"No shit, Shoupe! Because he's dead!" JJ barks.

"Listen to yourself. It makes perfect sense" Kiara spits.

"Just because he's not in his damn home does not mean he was a victim of a homicide"

"Told you this was gonna happen!" JJ snaps at Pope.

"What are you talking about?" Kiara shrieks in disbelief.

"You gotta be kidding me" I laugh with no humour at all.

"Are you at least gonna send it in for ballistics and shit, or are you just gonna sit on your ass?" Kiara yells at the man.

"He'll sit there and wax that damn mustache" JJ scoffs in anger "Is that even real?"

"I'll wax this-" Shoupe gets cut off by Pope who grabs the angry blonde.

"Shut up, JJ" He snaps.

"It's not fair!" I shout at the Sheriff.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I hurt his feelings?" JJ asks sarcastically.

"Shut up!" Pope yells at the Maybank boy.

Shoupe opens his office door and points outside.

"Get out. I got work to do" He demands.

"Are you serious?" JJ snaps.

"Y'all are smelling up my office" Shoupe adds.

"Shit" Pope curses.

"Did Ward bribe you? This doesn't make any sense" Kiara asks with tears in her eyes before walking away.

"You ain't gonna do shit" JJ scoffs, storming past the man.

"Out!" Shoupe snaps.

"My brother didn't kill anyone" I huff, glaring at the man as I pass him.

⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️

After a long hot shower that was very much needed, JJ and I cuddle up on the sofa watching an episode of Criminal Minds. I notice JJ glaring at the screen and I roll over, turning my attention to him.