𝟏𝟒.𝟏「 𝐌𝐘 𝐋𝐄𝐆𝐒 𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐓 」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"They're a bunch of fancy people. They've had, like, three governors in the family. They've run Charleston for, like, 300 years" Kiara explains to us as we drive towards the Limbrey estate.

"These Kooks make our Kooks look like Pogues" JJ comments as the truck comes to a stop, the four of us looking at the house in awe.

"You sure this is the right place, Po?" I ask.

"Pretty sure" He answers.

"All right" JJ chirps and we all hop out the car.

"Fat city, for sure" The blonde boy mumbles as we approach the gate.

"27 King Street" I hear Pope announce behind me.

"Talk about home security" JJ scoffs "Are those spikes to keep people out?"

"No" Kiara answers with a sad look and I frown.

"The slave quarters are over there" Pope explains "These spikes were to keep people in"

"I hate people" I mutter and Kiara nods in agreement.

We enter the gate and head to the door, Pope knocking loudly on the front door.

"You think that was too much?" He then asks us.

"It echoed the entire house. That's for sure" JJ replies "So they definitely heard it"

"Maybe nobody's home" Kiara suggests.

"Or they're ignoring us" I add.

Pope knocks on the door again and as he's knocking, the door opens. A man stands in the doorway with a scowl on his face, making me nervous.

He leans on the doorframe and looks at us all before turning his sole attention to Pope.

"You must be Pope" He smirks, pointing at the boy.

"Um...Are you Mr Limbrey?" Pope asks.

"Ms Limbrey was expecting you yesterday" The man retorts.

"Oh. I'm- I'm sorry. My car broke down on the way up here" Pope tells the man.

"Carburettor blew up in the middle of Nowheresville" JJ adds "Sorry about that"

"Yeah, she was, uh, real upset when you didn't show up" The man states.

"We tried to call, but there's no number on the invitation" Kiara speaks up.

"We got here as fast as we could" I assure him.

"She also expected you to come alone" The man says to Pope.

"I mean, these are my friends. They helped find the Royal Merchant too. I-" Pope rambles.

"The instructions were explicit. Your friends can stay outside" The man declares and I glare at him in annoyance.

"We're kind of a package deal, man" JJ argues.

"JJ, it's okay. I got this" Pope says to the blonde "I'll be good"