𝟏𝟖.𝟔「𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

JJ pushes open the doors of the church and a flock of birds flutter away in fright as we stand at the entrance, looking around the decrepit looking building.

"Okay, you're telling me Denmark Tanny decided to hide the cross here?" JJ questions as we enter the church.

"Mmhm" Pope chirps.

"Everybody, just spread out" Kie orders and we all listen to the girl, heading our own ways.

"Okay, well, if I was a cross and wanted to be hidden in an old church, where would I hide?" John B asks, more so to himself than us.

"Are you sure that Denmark hid the cross here, Pope? Like, are we at the right church?" JJ asks the Heyward boy curiously.

"It's gotta be here somewhere, guys" Pope assures us.

"What if we have to push a secret button or, like, play, like, a... a certain chord, and then, all of a sudden, the ground beneath us reveals the catacombs or something on which we stand?" JJ suggests.

"How about we try to find obvious clues?" John B counters.

"It's not an escape room" Kiara scoffs.

"It's gotta be in here" Pope mutters.

"Sorry. I'm sorry" JJ says softly, moving away from the piano.

"I can't see where they'd hide a giant cross here" John B points out.

"Anything can be hidden, JB" I retort.

"No, no. There's no way he would set us up on a freaking goose chase that would lead us to a church that has nothing" Pope fires back defensively.

"Yes, I get it. I don't know what to tell you, man" John B replies.

"The clues led us here. The cross is in this church" Pope declares firmly, sitting down on one of the pews.

"Pope, it'll be all right. We've had setbacks in the past, and we figured it out. We're gonna find it" John B assures the boy.

"He's right" Kie adds.

"We've just gotta think about this logically, all right? Where else would you hide a seven-foot-tall cross made of gold?" John B explains.

"What?" JJ asks when we notice Pope staring upwards in awe.

The Heyward boy gets up and slowly takes steps forwards while we all look up, trying to figure out what he's seeing other than rotting wooden beams.

"Oh my God. Look at that" Kiara breathes out.

I finally notice the shape of the beams and my eyes widen in disbelief. They are huge wooden crosses.

Pope hurries over to the wall and starts scaling it in desperation that makes my eyes widen in surprise.

"Pope" Sarah frowns.

"Hey, no!" JJ scolds him.

"Now Pope's climbing the wall" John B narrates.