𝟐𝟐.𝟐「𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐅 𝐏𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Just get away from me!" Kiara screams from her place in the tub.

"I'm tired of this shit. I'm gonna kill you, Kie!" Rafe shouts from his hiding place.

"Rafe, no!" I cry out from my own.

"Help!" Kiara shrieks and I throw a vase across the room before we all go silent.

"Hey, you two! What'd you do?" The guard outside calls out, entering the room and falling right into our trap.

I listen carefully as he walks towards the bathroom where Kiara is laying, his steps slow and hesitant.

"What be this?" He breathes out in disbelief.

Rafe jumps from his hiding spot at the same time I do, the boy hitting the gun out of the guard's hand with the bathroom door while I kick the back of his knees in. The man's knees hit the floor and Rafe socks him in the face, knocking him onto the floor.

The guard tries to pull himself up but Rafe smashes a lamp on his head and I stomp on his back with my boot clad foot as Kiara grabs the gun off the ground.

"Stay down! Stay down, you understand?" Rafe warns the man, going through his pockets.

"Don't move!" Kiara orders, pointing the gun at him.

"Huge mistake. You'll regret this" The guard spits out in anger.

"Hey, gimme the phone" Rafe grumbles, pulling it out a pocket.

"Here, tie him up" Kiara suggests, pulling down the satin curtains.

The guard tries to move when Rafe reaches back to grab the curtains and I lift my foot from his lower back to slam it down between his shoulder blades, his face smashing off the ground.

"Not so fast, buddy" I coo as Rafe ties him up.

"Okay. Okay, okay" Kiara mumbles out.

"Don't make a sound, all right? Good?" Rafe tells the guy lowly before pulling himself to his feet and looking at me.

"Let's go" I state and he nods.

The three of us dart out of the room and Rafe locks it shut behind us with the key he stole from the guards.

"This way. Come on" Rafe ushers Kiara and I to follow him as he heads down the stairs.

"Okay. Hey. Hey, Rafe" Kiara tries to get the boy's attention but he's focused on finding a way out "Rafe. Rafe, Rafe, Rafe"

"What?" He snaps at her.

"Hey, hey, let me see the phone" She says as we stop behind a door.

"Why?" He questions skeptically.

"Just give it to me" She huffs.

"Okay. Give me the gun" Rafe counters.

They stare at each other expectantly for a second before I groan, snatching the gun from Kiara and the phone from Rafe before swapping them over. Rafe shoves the gun in the back of his waistband and looks at me.