𝟏𝟔.𝟐「 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐊 」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I lay in the hammock staring up at the sun peeking through the tree branches and leaves. The sound of someone approaching me causes me to frown, wanting to be left alone.

A confused face and a mop of blonde hair enters my line of sight.

"What's wrong with you?" JJ asks.

"Hmm, I think it started when I was born" I drawl off jokingly but the boy doesn't laugh.

"You've been weird recently" He comments and I frown.

"How have I been weird? You're the one that's been weird" I retort, sitting up.

"This is exactly what I mean. You're so defensive and you use any excuse to start an argument" The blonde accuses me.

"JJ when was the last time I woke up and you hadn't left me in alone in bed? When was the last time we went a whole day without snapping at each other over minor inconveniences?" I rant "I may be defensive but you're distant"

"You wake up late" He grumbles.

"When we were just friends you never left me in the morning" I argue and his face falls.

"Move over" He tells me and I shuffle over, letting him slip in beside me.

I lay my head on his chest and he wraps his arms around me, kissing my head.

"This is just bump in the road, right?" He mumbles "We can fix this"

"Right" I agree.

"I'll try not to be so distant and you can try not to be so defensive. We can work on the not arguing so much thing together" He explains to me and I smile softly.

"I like the sound of that" I tell him.

"Okay, so deal?" He hums.

"Deal" I confirm.

We lay there for a while in a comfortable silence before JJ's phone rings and he answers it. I tune him out until he repeatedly pays my arm and jumps to his feet.

"Pope! Pope!" He yells and I groan, chasing after him.

"I just got a call from Guffy. Something happened to your pops" JJ tells the Heyward boy who is standing with Kiara.

"What?" Pope snaps and we race towards the car.

"John B! Sarah! Come on!" Kiara screams.

⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️

"Let me know if I'm hurting you" Sarah tells the man as she places a bandaid on his bleeding head.

"You're doing just fine" Heyward assures her.

"Okay" Sarah hums, patting his shoulder once she's done.

"Thank you, darlin'" He says gratefully.

"Pop, what happened?" Pope asks his father.