𝟐𝟐.𝟒「𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Come on, guys! We gotta go!" Cleo laughs from below me after throwing something at Pope.

"Feel like my reflexes are already sharp" Pope mutters making me smile a little from my place on the steps, the only place I could find to sit alone.

"Okay, you definitely heard that, right?" I hear John B from above me after the bell from the tower tolls again.

"Yeah, I do now" Sarah replies and I try my hardest not to feel murderous rage whenever she talks.

"That's exactly what my dad would do to call me home" John B starts to explain and I remember exactly what he's talking about "Sarah, that- that pattern, those bells. The ding, ding, ding, ding. Sarah, that- that's him calling me home"

"I know, it- Yeah" Sarah stutters in surprise "It- That's- It's really weird. But it's not him"

"Okay, how do you know that?" John B counters.

"You know why" Sarah states.

"No, no, no, no. No, no, listen" John B argues.

"I'm sorry" Sarah sighs.

"Maybe you get beaten enough, you aren't able to see the miracle in front of you. I mean, that's exactly how he used to call me home. Maybe it is him. Maybe the universe is trying to give me a gift, and-" John B tells her desperately.

"Okay" Sarah says, shocking both my eavesdropping ears and John B's.

"What?" John B asks in confusion.

"Okay, I get it. You wanna go to the tower to go look? Go look. Okay?" Sarah tells him.

"You sure?" John B questions.

"I'm- I'm serious. Hurry. And take this with you" Sarah tells him, most likely giving him the phone.

"Are you sure?" He asks again.

"Yes. Yes. You don't think I know what you're like? You're gonna drive us both insane if you don't look, so go look" Sarah chuckles.

"No, wait" John B pauses and with his next comment I decide my own fate "I love you, Sarah Cameron"

I decide that no matter how much I hate Sarah right now, no matter how much I can't stomach to be near Kiara or JJ, my brother will always come first for me and my brother loves them.

"I love you!" Sarah calls out as my brother hops off the top deck to the bottom in front of me.

"Hey! John B! What are you doing?" Pope calls out as my brother jumps onto the dock.

"I'll be right back!" John B replies.

"O, can we talk?" I hear JJ's voice and I immediately jump to my feet, leaping onto the dock.

"JB, wait for me!" I call out, chasing my brother who slows down a little for me.

"What are-- What?" Pope frowns in confusion.