𝟕.𝟒「𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐂 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐓」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"We gotta be done before my scholarship interview in the morning" Pope says as we pull up outside the chateau.

"Okay, well, we gotta focus" Kiara replies.

"I know. It's gonna be fine. We got John B and JJ inside the well, and me and Odette up top" Pope starts explaining as we exit the car "You and Sarah will be outside transporting"

I head inside the chateau, leaving the two to talk. I kick off my dusty chucks and open up the fridge, pulling out a beer. Twisting open the cap, I take a swig from the bottle and lean against the counter.

The loud sound of whirring frightens me and a shit load of lights in the backyard turn on. I put the beer down and head out back.

As I push open the back door, I find the one and only JJ Maybank chilling in an expensive looking hot tub with a pair of sunglasses on and a bottle of champagne in hand.

"What did you do, JJ?" Pope gasps, running around the corner with Kiara.

"I got a jet going straight in my butt right now" Is JJ's amused response.

"Y'all should get in immediately, you hear me? Salud!" JJ slurs, filling up glasses with champagne as small rubber flamingos float around the hot tub.

"How much did this cost?" Pope asks and I walk forward to stand between him and Kie.

"Uh...Well, with the generator, the petrol, and oh, hey, express delivery...pretty much all of it, yeah" JJ explains nonchalantly and my eyes widen in shock.

"All of it?" Pope asks in disbelief.

"Yeah, all of it" JJ nods.

"You spent all the money in one day?" Pope grits out through a clenched jaw.

"Yeah, burned a hole right through my pocket. But, I mean, like, come on, guys, like, look at this! Finest in jet-based message therapy, that's what they told me" JJ tells us happily and I clench my jaw, looking away from the obviously manic boy.

"Kie, what? Can't a man have a little luxury in life?" He slurs, getting slightly angry.

"Come on, all this scrimpin' and scrapin'. I mean, like...guys, we- You only live once, right? Enough of this emotional shit. Get in the Cat's Ass. Come on" JJ tells us.

"In the what?" Kiara asks, her voice quiet.

"In the Cat's Ass. That's what I named her" JJ says, proud of himself.

"Oh, hey, yo, I almost forgot" He adds before switching on disco lights and water starts spraying up like a water fountain "Huh? Yeah, that's right, I know. Disco mode. That's right, baby!"

"Are you kidding me?" Pope snaps at the blonde "You could have paid for restitution!"

"Or literally given it to any charity!" Kiara adds.

"Or better yet, you could have helped us buy supplies to get the rest of the gold out of the well!" Pope continues.

"Okay, well, you know what?! I didn't do that!" JJ screams, standing up and I look up at him.