𝟏𝟔.𝟑「 𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I stand outside the surf shop on the main street with Sarah and Kiara, the three of us sipping on slushies while JJ and John B sit in the van across the road. My mind wanders, watching the boys talking secretively from the vehicle.

"Of course I thanked Topper" Sarah scoffs, bringing my focus back to the conversation "He saved my life, and i'd put him through so much already. And you'd think that that is the crime of the century"

"Tell me about it. All of this crazy shit's happening, and Pope's giving me the silent treatment for not being in love with him" Kiara explains.

"And we're the dramatic ones" I snort.

"You got any JJ drama to rant about, bubs?" Kiara asks me and I shake my head.

"Really? You both seem really tense" Sarah comments.

"Just a couple bumps in the road" I assure them.

"Ah, the honeymoon phase is finally over" Sarah says in realisation.

"Cue the ups and downs of reality" Kiara adds and I frown as we reach the Twinkie.

is it really over?

We hop in the van and I pop my head between the front seats, pressing a kiss to JJ's cheek. His eyes widen in surprise but he smiles softly, grabbing my chin and pecking my lips.

"Ugh" John B groans.

"Shut up, JB" JJ and I retort in unison as I sit down.

The brunette throws a hand up in mock surrender and drives off towards the home to collect Pope.

"There he is" JJ declares as Pope approaches the van.

He climbs in and I sit on the floor next to the middle console, giving the boy my seat.

"So, how'd it go?" John B asks.

"Shit just got way more personal" Pope declares.

⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️

"I still can't believe that you're related to Denmark Tanny" John B laughs as we sit at the docks, drinking beer.

"Uh huh" JJ chirps.

"Are we in the presence of a royal?" John B gasps jokingly.

"A king?" JJ says in a british accent before putting an imaginary crown on Pope's head "We shall crown him. All hail the lord of Tannyhill! We're not worthy!"

"All right. Everybody relax" Pope chuckles as we bow at him "Can we relax, please?"

"Relocate the Cat's Ass, question mark?" Sarah suggests.

"I'm with that" JJ agrees.

"How soon can we move in?" Kiara asks Pope.

"Cause I don't have a place to stay" JJ adds and I frown at him in confusion.

"Me either. Bunk beds?" Kiara asks.