𝟐𝟎.𝟐「𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 𝐊𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"I've been thinking. When all this is over, and we're just rolling in the dough, I'm gonna get a new board. I'm gonna deck it out, and I'm gonna go on a surf trip" JJ announces and I smile lightly from where I'm laid down, my head on his lap "I don't know where, but, like, the world's calling"

"I don't know. Name a place" He says to Kie.

"Spain" She shrugs with a small smile.

"Then after Spain, South America or South Africa" JJ continues.

"You'll go to South Africa?" She questions in amusement.

"One of the South places" He shakes his head nonchalantly "Then Micronesia maybe, and then... and just ride. Wherever the wave takes you, you know?"

"So that's the plan if we were to get a ton of cash? That's the dream? Surf trip?" Kiara smiles widely at the boy beside me and my chest tightens in jealousy.

I think to myself, don't be stupid. You can't be jealous over Kiara, not our Kie.

"Ripping jungle break all day long. Bamboo hut, cooking a fish on a fire, and after that, you go back out and just hit the waves again" JJ speaks so passionately that my heart aches "That's the dream"

"Sounds perfect" Kiara nods.

"Yeah" JJ nods and his eyes finally fall to me but I look away, not letting him see the forest fire of emotions running through me.

"Got room for one more?" Kiara asks and I close my eyes, willing myself not to walk away.

"You got your passport?" JJ chuckles.

"You don't have a passport" Kiara counters with a laugh.

"Hell no, I don't got a passport. Kookiest thing ever" JJ laughs louder with the girl.

"Hey. Hey. Open it" Pope's voice saves me from my nightmare and I shoot up, racing towards the vent.

"I got you, Po" I assure the boy, unscrewing the vent and pulling it off, passing it carelessly to JJ who almost drops it on his feet in surprise.

"Thank God" Pope breathes out.

"You need help?" Kiara asks but her eyes are on me, I can feel them burning into me.

"I'm good" He answers, climbing inside.

"I thought Rafe got you guys for sure" Kiara admits.

"No. We're chill" Pope says as John B climbs in.

"All right. Okay, let's put the grate back on" Kiara states but the boys stop her.

"No, wait. Hold it" Pope orders.

"What? No. Put it back" Kiara argues.

"Jesus Christ! I kill you, John B!" A girl suddenly pops up, climbing inside too and my eyes widen in surprise.

"Who is this?" Kiara demands.