𝟏𝟑.𝟐「 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐃𝐀 𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐄 」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"My parents are so paranoid of me being a Pogue, like it's the worst thing that could ever happen" Kiara complains as we're on the ferry.

"Hey, I hear they got good weed at boarding school though" JJ comments, rolling a joint on top of the car.

"I'm not going to boarding school" Kiara huffs.

"Why not? You can take me with you" I suggest with a cheeky grin "I hear that boarding school boys are hot"

JJ whistles and I look up from the cargo bed I'm sitting in to see my boyfriend shake his head at me with a stern glare. I grin widely and kissing his knee that is next to my head, earning a head scratch from him.

"They're gonna have to kidnap me, tie me up, and throw me in a van" Kiara continues.

"That happened to me once. It was just JJ though" I shrug and Pope gives my boyfriend a confused look.

"Well, I say" JJ declares, handing the rolled joint to Kiara "We just crumble some herb right now"

Kiara sparks up her lighter while JJ sits down next to me, placing a soft kiss to my neck.

"Hey, Kie, have you tried to hit John B back on that number yet?" Pope asks.

"Like, twenty million times" Kiara answers.

"That's quite a few times" JJ mumbles.

"Some random lady at a hotel keeps answering" Kiara adds.

"Well, until we hear from them again, we gotta try and clear his name. And right now, this letter's our best bet" Pope states.

"Right. Stay on task" JJ nods "That's why I love ya, Pope"

Kiara stands up and walks towards Pope, holding out the joint to him.

"What Pope are you gonna be today?" She asks.

He looks at the roll up for a few seconds before shaking his head.

"I'm good" He answers "I'm gonna try to focus"

"Good Pope" Kiara says, sitting down on the other side of me "Boring Pope"

"I'll take that" I chirp, holding out my hand to her and she passes me the joint.

"Um, do tricks now! Roll over, boy!" JJ jokes as I take a hit, leaning my head back against the metal as I release the smoke from my lips.

"Sit" Kiara giggles.

"Sit" JJ repeats.

"Try to catch a fish. Catch a fish" Kiara continues and JJ barks loudly.

I roll my eyes at them and turn my position, laying my legs over JJ's lap and my head on Kiara's lap. JJ places his hands on my legs, drawing shapes on the bare skin with his fingers while Kiara pinches my cheek and plays with my hair, making me smile.

⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️

"Guys, I've read this thing like a thousand times. It makes no sense" Kiara declares, holding the letter in her hand as we drive towards Charleston "I mean, the Limbreys own, like, half of Charleston. What do the Kook kings of Charleston know about a murder on Kildare Island?"