𝟐.𝟐「𝐈𝐓 𝐒𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐅𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐃」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"And we're outside like this" JJ shouts as he reenacts what happened outside the Grubb's house hold for Kiara and Pope "And all we hear is just, 'Bam! Bam! Bam!'. Knocking paint off the wall, G. From the inside! All right? And i'm just looking at them, like-"

"Wait, first off, look at this shit. Look at it" JJ says as he shakes hair wildly, causing paint to fall out of it.

"That's dandruff, disgusting" Kiara says in disgust.

"Okay, thank you" Pope says sarcastically.

"Look at all that. All right? That's paint!" JJ exclaims and I stifle a laugh at his erratic behaviour.

"At that point, I was just, like...I'm waiting for death" JJ says dramatically.

"Oh, okay, so you saw the guys that shot at us, right?" Pope asks.

"Yeah" JJ replies.

"Did you get a good descriptions them? What did they look like?" Pope then asks.

"Anything's helpful" Kiara adds.

"Anything we can bring to like, a police report, maybe?" Pope shrugs.

"Burly" JJ answers and I can't help the laugh that escapes my lips.

Everyone looks at me in disbelief and I quickly sober up, smothering my laugh with my hand.

"Sorry. Continue" I apologise.

"Burly?" Pope asks JJ in disbelief and I smother another laugh.

"Yeah. You know, like.." JJ drawls off.

"That's not very helpful" Kiara retorts.

"Okay, well, no, like the type of guy at my dad's garage. I mean, you guys know he made cargo hides for drug smugglers" JJ explains.

"Yeah. Yes. No, we know" Kiara nods.

"I can tell you with full confidence, guys, these boys, these killers..." JJ pauses to take a puff of his juul "They're square groupers"

"They're square groupers, like narco square grouper? Like Pablo Escobar square grouper?" Pope asks as I take JJ's juul from his hand and take a drag.

"Yeah, man" JJ nods.

"You guys, not everything is a kingpin movie" Kiara states in frustration and JJ takes his juul back, taking a long drag and blowing the smoke in my direction.

"Okay. What does this square grouper look like specifically?" Pope asks as it's my turn to take another long drag from the juul.

"You weren't there, bro!" JJ exclaims and I take another drag, hating the tension in the room.

"Well apparently you don't know what to look for!" Pope retorts.

"Dude! I wasn't taking little mental Polaroids the entire time, man! I was under duress, okay?!" JJ shrieks and I roll my eyes, taking another drag.