𝟏𝟔.𝟏「 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐒? 」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

My eyes flutter open and the first thing I notice is the empty spot next to me in bed. A frown etches onto my lips as I pull myself up, looking around the messy room. I climb out of bed and grab some clean clothes from the drawer.

Once I'm dressed in a blue bikini, a white crop top with a smiley face on it and denim shorts, I slip on my chucks and head through the halls of the chateau.

I exit through the back door and find the Pogues sitting at the shed. Kiara playing the ukulele, Pope tinkering with an old microphone and JJ waxing his surfboard.

"Morning" I say bluntly, before walking over to the furthest away seat and sitting down on the old sofa.

I feel eyes on me but I ignore them, not feeling up to talking about the strange mood I'm in.

"That's a lot of wax on your board, man. Put too much wax on there, it's gonna be slippery" Pope speaks up.

"Are you telling me how to wax my board, Pope?" JJ retorts.

"Here we go" I mutter under my breath.

"Just saying that's a lot of wax" Pope replies.

"No, no, no. You're telling me how to wax my board. Are you kidding?" JJ snaps.

"That's a colossal waste of wax" Pope argues.

"Guys, really?" Kiara huffs.

"I'm outta here" I scoff, getting up.

The sound of a familiar car horn beeping stops me in my spot and I share a surprised look with Pope.

"Did you hear that?" JJ asks and the horn beeps again.

I turn around and the Twinkie comes into sight, my brother in the driver seat.

"Are you serious?" Kiara laughs.

"No!" Pope gasps.

"Hold on. As I dreaming?" JJ asks in disbelief.

"Guess who's out of the clink, boy!" John B hollers, skipping towards us.

"JB!" I squeal, running at the brunette and throwing myself at him.

"Hey, little sister" He chuckles, hugging me tightly.

"No freaking way, man!" Pope shouts and Kiara lets out a scream "Bro!"

"My boy's out of the can!" JJ laughs, all four of us wrapping John B in a group hug.

"We missed you" Kiara tells him.

"I missed you guys too" John B replies.

The others pull away but I don't, holding onto my brother tightly.

"You can let go now, O" John B says, patting my head.

"Not yet" I mumble, squeezing him tighter.