𝟕.𝟑「𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐄」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Look, he'll come around, all right? It's...He's doing a JJ thing" John B shrugs as we sit inside the Wreck.

"You think he'll go home?" Kiara asks and that stirs worry inside me.

"There's about a zero percent chance that JJ goes home" Pope scoffs.

I stand up, my chair scraping against the floor and all my friends look at me in confusion.

"What's wrong, O?" Sarah asks me.

"I have to go" I answer vaguely and Pope grabs my wrist.

"Where are you going?" He asks me.

"I'll see you later" Is all I say before dashing out the restaurant.

I take off in a sprint, my anxiety pushing me to run faster.

I reach the Maybank residence and the sound of clattering around the back of the house makes me gulp.

"You wanna steal from me?!" I hear JJ yell and my eyes widen as I run around to the back.

"You gave me nothing! You gave me nothing but a shitty life!" JJ screams as he jumps onto his dad and punches him multiple times.

"Holy shit" I gasp.

"All you ever did was try and scare me!" JJ cries, not realising that I'm standing just meters away.

"Well, guess what, Dad?" He snaps, lifting up a wrench above Luke's beaten body.

The blonde hesitates and I hear soft cries coming from him as he lowers the wrench.

"I ain't scared of you anymore" JJ sobs.

He stands up and turns, spotting me straight away. I give him a weak smile and he walks inside his house.

Taking a deep breath, I follow him inside and see him shoving things into his backpack.

"JJ, talk to me" I sigh.

"What do you want me to say, O?" He snaps.

"Anything!" I shriek.

"Go away" He states and I look at him in disbelief.

"Why do you keep pushing me away?" I groan, running my fingers through my messy hair in frustration.

"Why do you keep coming back?" He retorts.

"You know damn well why I keep coming back" I snap.

"Because you love me" JJ scoffs.

"Yeah, I do" I reply.

"Has it ever occurred to you that maybe you'd be better off if you just walked away?" He asks me and I roll my eyes.

"Never. I don't walk away from the people that I love" I state sternly.

"You're wasting your time" He tells me, walking away.

"You tell me that every time you're spiralling and I tell you every damn time that I'm not leaving you, J!" I shout after him as he exits the house.