𝟏𝟕.𝟒「 𝐊𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐍 」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Oh my God, I missed you so much" John B grins at me as I hand him a red solo cup filled with alcohol.

"I missed you too, buddy" I chirp happily, skipping a little faster to catch up with Kiara and Pope.

"It's classic, you know? She kicks me out because I tell the truth" Kiara scoffs in annoyance

"Right" Pope nods, looking a little fed up and I smile in amusement.

I link my arm with Kiara's and the girl turns to me in surprise, her angry frown fizzling into a warm smile.

"Wanna get a drink?" I suggest.

"Hell yeah" She huffs out.

I start dragging Kiara towards the nearest keg and glance back at Pope who smiles at me gratefully to which I respond with a wink before he follows after JJ.

Kiara and I fill up two red cups and I lean against the side of a skate ramp, taking a mouthful from my cup as Kiara swirls the alcohol inside her cup with a bothered expression on her face.

"Do you wanna talk about it, babe?" I ask her in concern.

The Carrera girl looks up at me from her cup and a small smile tugs at her lips, her eyes twinkling in the bonfire light. I tilt my head slightly and furrow my brows in questioning as she looks at me with adoration.

"What's the look for?" I question.

"Just remembered why you're my best friend" She shrugs but her expression never falters.

"Well that's obviously because I'm so much better than the boys" I declare with a wide grin.

"You can say that again" She chuckles, nodding softly as she leans next to me.

"Go on then, Carrera. Spill your guts" I demand jokingly.

She looks down at her drink and sighs, taking a swig from the cup before looking back to me.

"I just never thought she'd kick me out" Kiara admits quietly "I always thought she loved me too much to do something like this"

"Kie" I sigh, turning to face her fully "Your mom loves you and she cares about you, much more than most mothers on this island. She didn't kick you out because she stopped caring about you, babe. It's a tough love routine because she doesn't know how else to get through to you"

"Why doesn't she just talk to me?" The dark haired girl complains.

"You think she hasn't tried?" I counter with a raised brow, causing her to pause briefly.

"Did I do something wrong?" Kiara asks me sheepishly and I reach out, intertwining our fingers.

"You fought for a friend, and I don't see anything wrong with that" I tell her honestly with a warm smile "But then again, I'm not your mom"

My best friend nods in understanding and I gently tug her away from the ramp, twirling her around. A smile pulls at the corners of her lips and grin at her encouragingly, swaying my hips to the music.