𝟏𝟕.𝟓「 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐔𝐆𝐋𝐘 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄 」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"I've had more black eyes in the last month than I've ever had" Pope declares as we sit around the fire at the chateau roasting marshmallows.

"That was building up for years. Rumble in the jungle" JJ states from next to me before burning his finger on his skewer "Ah!"

The blonde boy shows me his reddened finger pad with a childish pout and I pout back sympathetically.

"Do you want me to kiss it better?" I tease him.

"Yes, please" He nods, shoving his finger into my face before I can reply.

I press a kiss to his finger and he winces, but that doesn't stop a happy smile tugging at his lips.

"Hey, did you really stick up for Sarah?" John B questions, gaining my attention.

"Of course we did" Kiara answers "She's not a real Kook"

"Sarah's a Pogue now. For life" I add firmly.

"Right" John B hums with a nod.

"Yeah, tell that to Topper" Pope counters.

"Trust me, I'll do it" I tell the Heyward boy "I'll write it on some paper, tie it around a cactus, wrap that cactus in barbed wire and shove it right up his- Hey!"

I slap JJ's hand away as he steals my marshmallow and my friends all laugh in amusement while I huff, collecting another one from the packet.

"I just want one bite" John B says, grabbing Kiara's wrist.

"What are you doing? No, stop!" Kiara cries out but my brother has already eaten the s'more from her hand.

"You're not having any of mine" JJ tells her.

"I think you mean mine" I correct him.

"I thought you were gonna share" John B argues.

"I spent my money on that" Kiara whines.

"Sixteen years in most federal prisons" John B says matter of factly.

"Well, I'm stealing your marshmallow" Kiara huffs out, snatching his from the packet.

"I believe that's a...not even a fair trade" Pope pipes up.

"It's not at all. Not even close" Kiara laughs in agreement.

"Hey, hey" John B shushes us all with a panicked expression on his face.

I hear nearby rustling and the wind blowing around us but my mind spirals with those sounds alone, causing my heart to drop to my stomach as I grab JJ's arm.

"Somebody's here" John B declares.

"You don't think that Topper would..." Kiara drawls off.

"I wouldn't put it past him" JJ answers.

"If Topper pops out the bushes I will throat punch that fucker" I warn my friends and JJ pets my head which is oddly calming.