𝟏𝟗.𝟏「𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐔𝐒」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

As the Pogues and I are fussing over Pope his eyes widen like saucers and he screams as us to move, diving out of the way. The others scatter with screams, JJ yanking me back just as the cross drops in front of us and breaks right through the wooden floorboards due to its heavy weight.

"Pope, are you okay?" Kie breathes out once we all catch our breaths.

"Hey, you good?" JJ adds worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just give me, like, one second to, like, catch my breath" Pope assures us.

"You did it, Pope" John B declares.

"Pope, she's... she's beautiful" JJ adds, placing a hand onto the gold cross with an awed expression on his face.

"I've never seen anything like it" Sarah mutters in disbelief.

"Detail's insane" JJ agrees.

"Well, here's why Limbrey wanted that key so bad" John B points out a keyhole on the cross.

"Whoa. Good find. How much do you think she's worth?" JJ questions "Like, if we melted her old bones down, dude, I'm talking like high billions"

"This belongs in a- No! This belongs in a museum" John B argues.

"What? So no one sees her?" JJ pouts.

"In a museum where everyone sees it" John B corrects the blonde.

"Are you kidding?" JJ scoffs in disbelief.

"Hey! It's my ancestors' cross!" Pope pipes up.

"Right, okay. All right, all right. Well..." JJ drawls off.

"Shut up, you two" I snap them, slapping both JJ and John B upside the back of the head.

"This is bigger than money, and the world's gotta know the truth" Pope declares.

"Yes. If we don't get this shit outta here before Limbrey gets here, nobody's gonna know. So saddle up" John B announces.

We all move towards the cross and from my peripheral vision I notice Pope gently shaking his hand with a wince.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I question in concern "You don't look okay, Pope"

"I'll be fine, O" He nods.

"It's heavy like right here" JJ warns Kiara and Sarah before looking behind him "Wait. Hold on. John B, you're gonna pull, all right? Pull down"

"I'm gonna pull down. You guys pull up. Ready? One, two, three" John B counts us in.

John B and I push down on the end of the cross while JJ and Pope pull at it with Kiara and Sarah heaving it out of the hole in the floor.

"JJ, watch your foot" My brother warns him.

"Oh my God!" Sarah groans.

"Shit! Okay!" Kiara huffs out as we manage to actually lift the cross, struggling to do so.

"Okay. I got it" JJ says in a strained tone.