𝟏𝟗.𝟑「𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇 𝐔𝐏」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Uh, Pope, you're driving pretty fast" Sarah speaks up as Pope races along the road at a worrying speed and he lets out a loud howl in response.

"Pope, last to judge, but I think you should slow down a little" JJ adds on.

"That would definitely delay our arrival to the cross. We gotta get there" Pope argues.

"Why did we let him drive again?" Kie questions in concern.

"We were threatened" I remind her.

"I said I'd rip your ears off" Pope says matter of factly.

"Because he said he'd rip our ears off" Sarah repeats with a nod.

"You did" Kiara also nods.

"I was joking about that, by the way" Pope assures us.

"That's a really funny joke" Kiara snarks.

"It's actually not his worst" I counter.

"Hey, how ya feeling, buddy? How ya doing?" John B questions.

"Uh, fantastic. I don't know what JJ's cousin gave me, but I am moving!" Pope answers enthusiastically.

"We couldn't tell" Kiara sarcastically quips and I snort in amusement.

"Okay, well, um, you're going really fast right now" John B points out.

"Yeah, really fast!" Pope swivels around to look at us and we all scream at him to keep his eyes on the road.

"I don't know if you noticed, but there's these giant oak trees all along the road. They're like six inches off the road" John B informs him.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! You don't need to pass" Kiara rushes out as Pope tries to swerve around the car in front of us "You don't need to pass. You don't need to pass!"

"Eyes on the fucking road, bro!" I shriek in fright as we almost end up in a head on collision with an oncoming car.

"What an asshole, right?" Pope scoffs.

"Pope, he's going the speed limit!" Kiara snaps at him.

"We're not gonna get to the cross if we're dead, Pope!" John B warns the boy.

"We're not gonna die. It's our divine right to get that cross" Pope states matter of factly, looking back at us again.

"Pope! Look at the road!" John B shouts.

The Heyward boy swerves, hitting an oak tree with the back of the truck and we start spinning out of control, all of us screaming and grabbing onto the nearest thing. Screeching tires is all I hear as the car crashes straight into another tree and we're all thrown forward, broken glass raining down on us.

"Is everyone okay?" John B groans out.

"I think so" Sarah answers weakly.

"Never better" JJ huffs "That is the last time you drive, Pope"

We all drag ourselves out of the vehicle and I round the truck, staring at the damage in horror.