𝟖.𝟐「𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐎 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I'm awoken to the feeling of wet kisses being placed on my neck and I hum in content, reaching my arms out to wrap them around JJ who I can feel hovering over me. I open my sleepy eyes and JJ grins down at me.

"Good morning, princess" He says huskily, his hands grabbing my hips.

"Morning, baby" I sigh with a smile.

I peck his lips but before I can pull away he grabs the back of my head and kisses me deeply, making me glad I don't have morning breath.

He flips onto his back and pulls me on top of him, making me squeal in surprise. I pull away from the kiss and sit up, placing my hands firmly on his bare chest for balance.

"How are you feeling?" JJ suddenly asks, a loving look on his face as he trails his finger up and down my arm.

"I told you. I'm gonna be fine, J" I sigh.

"I know, princess. I just worry about you" He admits with a concerned look and my lips tug up at the edges.

"Thank you for caring, but I'm okay" I assure him, reaching out to sweep his hair off his forehead.

"Promise me that you'll tell me if you're not okay?" He asks, his eyes still swimming with worry.

"I promise" I smile, leaning down to peck his lips.

⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️

"You sure he got everything?" Kiara asks with a frown.

John B went out this morning to check on the gold and found out that Ward Cameron has bought the old Crain house and stole the gold. Currently we're moping about on the pier and waiting for Pope to get back from his interview.

"Every bar. The whole enchilada" John B mumbles from his place, lying down next to the edge.

The brunette then pulls his cast off with a grunt and throws it away.

"Look, it's not like I expected a happy ending or some shit" He mutters.

"John B" Kiara speaks up, looking at his cast in concern.

"What, Kie? It's a hairline fracture. Who cares?" John B snaps.

"You should care" She retorts.

"She's right, JB. Your arm's gonna be messed up for life" I tell him and he rolls his eyes.

"It's fine. See?" He states, holding up his hand and wiggling his fingers.

"Guys! Guys!" I hear Pope scream and I turn my head to see him sprinting towards us.

"Oh! Oh, God. I ran all the way here" The Heyward boy pants as he reaches us.

"You all right?" John B asks curiously.

"How was the interview, Pope?" JJ asks.

"Don't ask" Pope breathes out, hands still on his knees as he catches his breath.

"Awesome" John B scoffs and I flick his temple, making him whine and slap my hand away.