𝟏.𝟑「𝐈 𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐓」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Yo, JJ, you been outside?" I hear John B shout, slapping the boy on the back.

"I have polio, bro. I can't walk" JJ mumbles back.

"Odette?" John B adds.

"Do I look like I've been out?" I groan tiredly.

I try to turn around and go back to sleep once John B exits the house but I freeze when I realise something that is definitely not where it's supposed to be.

My eyes trail down my body and I see JJ's hand up my shirt, cupping my bra as he sleeps.

"JJ" I mumble, gulping.

"Hmm?" He hums.

"What the hell are you doing?" I ask calmly.

He looks up at me sleepily and I'd normally make a comment about his bedhead but I'm too distracted at the moment. His gaze moves to my shirt and his eyes widen in realisation. He snatches his hand away and jumps up, rubbing his face.

"I'm so sorry, O" He states, hiding his face.

"Are you blushing?" I question with a smirk.

"No" He replies.

I tackle him backwards into the pillows and pry his hands off his face to see he is in fact blushing, brightly may I add.

"Awe, you're blushing" I coo making him flip us over, pinning me under him.

"I'm not blushing. It's getting hot in here" He snaps sternly.

"Do you want me to take off my clothes?" I ask, smirking slightly at the song reference I made.

"I will if you will" He replies making me laugh and push him off me.

I grab JJ's hat and place it on my head after removing Kiara's bandana and tying it around my wrist. I pat JJ's cheek and exit the house to see the shit show outside.

Trees have been blown over, exposing the roots and broken debris is laying all over the place.

"Holy shit" I state, standing on the porch stairs.

"Agatha did some work, huh?" I hear JJ announce, coming up beside me with a beer can in his hand.

"Yeah, she did" John B replies.

I take the can out JJ's hand and down the rest of the liquid before handing it back to him. He burps loudly and throws it onto the porch knowing one of us will pick it up later.

"Pig" I scoff.

"You love it" He smirks, acting as if he didn't have his hand up my shirt five minutes ago.

That's how JJ and I have always been. Anything awkward that could ruin our friendship gets swept under rug. I like it that way. I don't think I could live with myself if I lost JJ as my best friend.

"What you thinkin'?" I hear JJ ask John B and I walk up to the HMS Pogue, where the boys are talking.

"I'm thinkin' that storm surge pushed all the crabs out on the marsh maze. All those drum are gonna chase the crab" John B states, clearing all the broken branches off the boat.