𝟏𝟎.𝟐「 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘'𝐑𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐄」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Dude, we're is he?!" Kiara shrieks as the three of us wait on John B to arrive.

"Give him a second. He'll be here" Pope states.

"He's coming. He'll be fine" JJ adds.

"He better be" I huff.

A police siren makes me spin around to see a cop car pull up right in front of us. My eyes widen and I look to JJ who looks just as worried.

"JJ" I speak up.

"Hey, yeah. Get back on the boat!" He snaps "Untie it!"

"Shit" Kiara curses.

The car door opens and I watch closely as John B gets out the car.

"Wait. No way" JJ says in disbelief.

"Holy shit!" I laugh.

"No f'ing way" Pope declares.

"I'm sorry" Kiara snaps in shock.

"You've gotta be kidding me" JJ grins excitedly.

"Shoupe let me take it for a spin" John B grins and I run at him, throwing my arms around my brother.

"Okay. That's believable. I'll buy that for now" Kiara laughs as John B hugs me tightly before giving her a hug as well.

"It wasn't easy, bro, but I got the Phantom for you, and she runs like she was made yesterday" JJ grins, throwing the keys to John B who catches them with ease "You ready to go?"

"Where's Sarah?" John B asks.

"She's not with you?" Kiara asks in confusion.

"No, we got separated in the swamp. She said she was gonna meet me here" He explains.

"No, we haven't seen her, man" Pope shakes his head.

"Okay, well, I'm not leaving without her" John B declares.

"John B, look at me. I know you feel bad for leaving, but there's no time, man. You've got plenty of gas, you've got plenty of food. Once you get around that point, it's a straight shot across the sound to Dismal Swamp, okay? Once you get there, lay low, all right? Hang out for a couple of weeks and then go overland, cross the border at Brownsville, you got that? Brownsville. You- Hey! You got that?!" JJ explains sternly.

"Yeah, yeah. Brownsville" John B nods.

Thunder rumbles through the sky and Kiara grabs my hand, lacing our fingers together.

"All right. Saddle her up, saltwater cowboy. Let's do this" JJ declares, hopping off the boat to stand in between Pope and I.

John B climbs onto the boat and I bite my lip to keep my tears at bay.

"Hey. Hey" John B says, getting our attention.

I look up at him to see his eyes are red and tears are running down his face.

"I'm sorry for basically...throwing us off a cliff with this whole treasure hunt thing" My brother apologises and a tear slips down my cheek.