𝟒.𝟏「𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐌𝐘 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I lean against the side of JJ's house as he practices his shooting skills by shooting at a poor defenceless teddy bear.

"JJ!" I hear Pope shout.

"What was that?" JJ asks to no one in particular due to the fact he can't hear Pope yelling.

"JJ!" Pope hollers as JJ fires another shot.

"That's what I thought, man" JJ states making me roll my eyes and storm up to him.

"For fuck sake, JJ" I huff, slapping him upside the head.

He shoots me a glare before looking at Pope in confusion.

"They know" Is all Pope says.

"What?" JJ asks.

"They know" Pope repeats himself.

"All right, chill, bro. All right? They don't know shit" JJ assures him.

"Topper knows I sunk his boat" Pope worries.

"What on earth makes you think that, Po?" I question him.

"Rafe and Topper posted outside of Heyward's and mad dogged me" He answers.

"Shit" I curse.

"Will you calm down and get a grip, man? They don't know shit" JJ scoffs.

"They have cameras. They could've seen me" Pope exclaims.

"There was no power. How could they have seen you?" JJ asks.

"JJ, they're Kooks. They have generators" I remind him.

"They don't give scholarships to kids who vengefully sink boats! It's not a good look on my transcript!" Pope panics.

"Enough with the regret, bro! They caved your face in! They almost broke Odette's jaw!" JJ barks, pointing at the fading bruise on my face.

"They hit us, we hit them. It's the law of the jungle. Now, if any Kooks come up to you and ask if you had anything to do with it, you walk up to em, look em right in the eye, and..." JJ drawls off looking back at me.

"Deny the living shit out of it" I finish for him.

"That's right. Deny, deny, deny" JJ says.

"But just for safety, we don't go anywhere without protection" He adds, pointing at his gun which is laying on a tree stump.

"All right?" The blonde asks and Pope nods.

⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️

Kiara leads JJ, Pope and I through crowds of people to find a place to watch the movie from.

She dragged us here since today they are showing an old movie on a huge big projector screen.

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this. Keep calm. Carry on. Back to OBX life, you know? Aren't you guys glad that I made you come?" Kiara smiles.