𝟏𝟖.𝟓「𝐌𝐘 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Hey, pull up to Home Food here" Luke tells me "I'm gonna need provisions"

I do as he says, clenching my jaw in anger as I pull off the road and park outside the store. JJ gives me a reassuring smile and I give him one back as he hops out the truck.

"Crackers and baked beans and tuna, all right? And some salt and pepper" Luke lists off to his son.

"Yeah. Five days' worth. I know" JJ retorts, walking away and leaving me with his father.

Once my boyfriend disappears inside the store, Luke starts incessantly drumming his hands against the back of the passenger sear, clearly trying to annoy me. I take a deep breath, finding the inner strength not to spin around and disfigure his already ugly face with my fists.

"You know, you're the worst father I've ever had the displeasure of meeting" I declare in annoyance.

"Yeah, preach it to me" Luke chuckles, sitting back in his seat "Set me straight"

"Do you have any idea how special your son is?" I question him in disbelief "Like, even a single clue?"

"He's a thief is what he is" Luke states matter of factly.

"Like you can talk" I scoff in anger "You're just a waste of space local salt who never did fuck all but get shit faced and beat on his son. Pretty unimpressive if you ask me"

"You know, you sound just like your mama" Luke laughs in amusement and I turn to look at him in confusion "She was just like that in high school. Always thought she was better than everybody else"

"Pogue princess" He says with disgust laced in his tone "You know, I bet you're a lot like your mama. Slumming with the bad boys"

"You knew my mother?" I question him.

"Oh, I knew her very well" He chuckles with a suggestive lift of his brows "Are you as easy as she was? I bet you are"

"Miss prom queen, riding around town on her high horse like she owns the place" Luke taunts me "One minute she's yours and the next she's in your best friend's bed"

I let my restraint fly out the window as I lunge into the backseat, throwing my fist at the Maybank man's jaw so hard that he is sent reeling back with a pained groan.

"Don't talk about my mother" I spit at him before sitting back down in my seat and taking a needed deep breath.

"Hey" JJ whistles as he approaches the car.

He hands his dad a four pack and puts the grocery bag in the bed of the truck before climbing into the car himself, looking from his dad to me in concern.

"Are you okay, princess?" JJ asks me.

"I'm fine. Let's get this shit over with, yeah?" I answer, starting up the engine.

"Yeah, okay" JJ nods.

I drive us to the marina yacht club and JJ is the first to jump out to grab the supplies.