𝟗.𝟐「𝐅𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Okay. All right, no" Pope says awkwardly as he approaches the car.

"Pope, can you act normal?" Kiara snaps as the boy gets into the passenger seat.

"So, um...okay, so, bad news. The ferry's closed, and there is this" Pope says, handing Kiara a sheet of paper.

Her eyes widen and she hands the paper to me. My eyes shoot open wide when I see the photo of John B with the caption 'Wanted'.

"What is that? What is this?" John B asks impatiently from his spot, laying down on my right.

"Well, John B, uh...this is a good framer of you" JJ jokes as I show my brother the wanted poster with his face on it.

"Okay, so the whole island's lookin' for John B right now" Pope states.

"That's a lot of money" Kiara adds.

"Congratulations, John B. You're now famous" JJ chirps.

"This is not how I pictured my summer" I groan.

"Ditto" John B replies sarcastically.

"Guys, we got to get to the HMS. We need small, no running lights-" Kiara is cut off from her rant.

"It's at the chateau, Kie" John B huffs.

"And I wonder if the cops got the entire place staked out. Let me think" JJ says sarcastically "Oh, yeah. No. They definitely have that place locked down"

"Yeah, copy that" Kiara retorts.

"Let me think. Just give me a second" Pope mutters.

"Hey, J?" I mumble, turning to my boyfriend.

"Yeah?" He answers.

"By any chance, does your dad still have that boat? What was it called...the Phantom? He used to race it, remember?" I ask curiously.

"Maybe" JJ replies hesitantly.

"That's great, O! You could get right up the coast, no problem" Pope explains.

"Okay, look. The surf's running from three to four.." Kiara drawls off, thinking to herself.

"It won't be easy, guys. I don't know where the keys are" JJ protests and I suddenly feel guilty for bringing the boat up.

"Well, find them" Pope retorts, starting up the car.

"I'm thinking" JJ snaps.

"Why is nobody moving forward?" Pope groans.

"Can you relax?" Kiara snaps at the boy.

"JJ, how much weed did you give him?" I ask in concern.

"Guys, your car's on the poster" John B grits out and my eyes widen as Pope beeps the horn, drawing unwanted attention.

"Can we move it?!" Pope hollers.

"Pope!" Kiara snaps.