𝟏𝟓.𝟒「 𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐘 𝐃𝐄𝐅𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Be advised, a 10 63 in progress. I repeat, a 10 63 in progress. Do you copy?" A woman says over the radio.

"What's a 10 63?" I ask in confusion.

"Shh!" JJ whispers.

"Copy" The officer replies into the radio.

"Continue with the patient onto the hospital. We have back up on the way. Do you copy?" The woman then says.

"I read. Ten four" The officer answers.

"Officer, everything good up there?" JJ asks and the man slides the glass window closed "Officer?"

"JJ, what the fuck is going on?" I demand as he jumps up.

"We're in shit" Is all he says, grabbing the handle and pulling at it but it doesn't open.

"What kinda shit? How'd they find out?" I question but he ignores me "JJ!"

"Will you just let me breathe?!" He shouts at me.

Blue flashing lights suddenly tint my vision and sirens fill my ears as we are followed by multiple cop cars.

"No, no, no, no, no" I mutter in disbelief.

Fear and anger surges through me as I spin towards the blonde, poking his chest harshly.

"This is your fault!" I accuse him "You and your stupid ideas!"

"My fault?" He scoffs.

"Yes, your fault!" I confirm.

"You didn't have to come. It was your choice!" JJ argues angrily.

"Well, I wasn't gonna let you come alone. Was I?" I retort.

"You could have" He continues.

"But I didn't, okay?!" I shriek.

"Well, maybe you should have just stayed at home" JJ declares.

I glare at him angrily and yank out my phone, calling Kiara. The phone goes to voicemail and I groan, hanging up.

I leave the girl multiple texts before glancing at my boyfriend to see him sitting on the floor, texting on his phone.

"Come on, Kie. We need a miracle" JJ murmurs.

"She's not answering me either" I state and he pulls himself up.

I slump down onto the ground and pull my knees to my chest, watching the boy's feet as he paces uneasily.

"Shit!" He abruptly screams, punching the wall.

He punches the metal again and I sit up on my knees, grabbing the back of his jumpsuit.

"JJ, you're gonna hurt yourself" I warn him.

"Why do you care? It's my fault we're in this mess, right?" He retorts, his eyes watering.

"I don't wanna argue anymore. Please, just sit down" I plead.

He slides down next to me and take his hand in mine, pressing a soft kiss to his already bruising knuckles. I then sit back and lay my head on his shoulder, he blonde leaning his head on my own with a sniffle.

"If we go down for this, I'm sorry" JJ whispers, swiping his thumb over my knuckles.

"It's okay, J. I'm sorry for yelling at you" I reply quietly, turning my head slightly to kiss his shoulder.

"It's fine" He assures me.

The ambulance abruptly slams on the breaks and we are roughly flung forward, my head hitting the metal leg of the stretcher in front of me.

"Go! Get out of the way! Go!" I hear the officer demand as I groan in pain. 

"Sorry! I'm so sorry!" Kiara's voice fills my ears.

"Move!" The officer shouts as JJ flings open the emergency door and drags me out the vehicle "Get your car out of the road!"

"Run, princess" JJ snaps and we dart towards the trees as fast as we can "Don't stop!"

We race through the dark wooded area like there's a fire on our asses and soon come out the other side where we see Kiara and Pope in her car.

"Come on!" Pope shouts.

"Open the door! Open the door!" Kiara tells the Heyward boy.

"Incoming!" I holler.

I dive into the backseat, JJ right behind me and he slams the door closed.

"Go! Go! Go!" JJ rushes out.

"Okay" Kiara breathes out, slamming her foot on the gas.

My pants fade into steady breaths and I lean back in my seat, dragging my hands down my face.

"I'm seriously not even gonna ask" Kiara speaks up.

"Look, we busted the wrong guy out of jail. Sue us" JJ explains.

"What?!" She shrieks.

"At least I was trying" He snaps.

"Why are you both always doing such stupid shit?" Kiara asks in an exhausted tone.

"In my defence, it was his idea" I state.

"Well, I'm gonna end up in jail anyway, so...so why does it matter?" JJ shrugs and I frown deeply.

I shuffle to the middle seat and lay my head on the blonde's shoulder, letting him wrap his arm around me as I press a kiss to his jaw.

"You okay, man?" Pope asks in concern.

"Yeah" JJ sighs "Just a doozy of a day"