Morning run -E.O

Emma's Pov 

I wake up in the morning with my alarm practically screaming in my ears, why do I keep forcing myself into waking up at the earliest hours of the day? Oh right, because I have social anxiety and in the morning is the only time when I can run without people staring at me because they don't have a better thing to do. 

Like really, is it that interesting to stare at a lady doing her normal jog? To men, yes. The number of men I saw giving me "the eyes" is too much.

After doing my morning routine, I change into a pair of leggings, a fitting t-shirt, my running shoes. I take my AirPods, my phone, and I'm out of the apartment I live in. 

Mornings in Atlanta are very relaxing, barely anyone on the street, the usually crowded city is calm. The only people I see are the ones going to their jobs, or sometimes I'll see another person running or walking their dog. But is mostly quiet, which I adore.

My playlist changes the song to a more upbeat one, and I start to run faster, feeling the adrenaline rushing in my veins.

A few miles in and I'm starting to see a few more people here in there, but I keep ongoing. That's when I see her

6:27 a.m. Right on time.

Today she looks even more breathtaking than usual, even though she seems a little bit tired. She leaves her apartment building and starts jogging down the street. She is on the other side of the road, a few feet in front of me. But for a reason, I can't stop looking at her. 

She has her blonde hair tied up in a messy bun, a few strands of hair rebelling and falling on the sides. She is also wearing something simple, comfortable for the run, and seems to be listening to music as well. 

Stop staring. I say to myself when it's been a few minutes and I'm still admiring her.

To be honest, she is the main reason why I'm keeping this habit of running in the morning. It's the only time I see her, even if it is from distance. She is just so beautiful, I could stare at her all day if I'm given the option. 

I've first seen her a few weeks ago, and since then she is all I could think about. She seems to have her routine of running, a slower pace, only 3 days a week (as far as I know), and don't know how much she runs, since I usually pass her after a few minutes of admiring her (more like staring, but I won't admit that to anyone).

I'm too shy and awkward to approach her though, I know for sure that I would make a full out of myself if I even attempt to talk to her. 

With a quick speed change in my running, I pass her and see about my business.  It was good to see her again, she makes my mornings without even knowing. 

You've lost your mind, I tell myself when I'm crossing the road, falling for a stranger. A very beautiful one.

Okay, time to make my way home, I still need to go to work. 

I work at a restaurant as a cook. It's not a fancy one but is still a pretty nice one (in my opinion at least). I don't want to sound cocky or something, but my food is great. I know for a fact a few customers who come just for my food, which is a great motivation to keep doing what I'm doing.

I pretty much work there from 8 a.m till 4 p.m or some days when it is crowded, I'll work till 5 or 6. After that, the other cook takes over. She is usually with me for the afternoon rush since she comes at like 2 p.m and stays till closing time.

Her name is Abby and is one of my closest friends, even though she can be a little shit sometimes with the amount of teasing she does. Since the day I told her randomly that this beautiful woman started running as well, she can stop making fun of me and my not-so-little crush. She keeps pushing me to maybe make conversation with the mystery lady on her good days. On her bad ones (for me), she comes with ideas like "maybe fall in front of her, so she can help you", or "what if you pretend not to be looking, and accidentally stumble into her", oh and don't get me started in "just shout after her that she is beautiful and that you like her".