Sorry, sir, I'm just doing my job Part 2 -W.M

Finally came around to writing this one. Sorry for disappearing on you after my birthday, life and uni got in the way. But I finally have a bit of time to breathe and so, I'm writing this. I hope you like it!

Narrator's POV.

The next day, Emma got into her old and beaten-up car and started driving toward the warehouse. She has a lot of vessels to make so she'll most probably end up staying until late, once again.

She needs to hand-paint everything that was baked yesterday, bake another few batches of vases and bowls, and finally, mold another couple of plates. All of those are for just one person. She doesn't want to think about the order that Tony Stark, the famous billionaire, made last night.

Nope, that's a problem for future Emma. Present Emma needs to stress over one thing at a time.

Upon arriving at her workplace, she got out of the car and took her bag from the backseat. Knowing just how busy today will be, she prepared the night before some food that she'll eat throughout the day.

She unlocked the door and mentally prepared for the long day.

The first thing that she did after putting her stuff down, she started the ovens knowing they take a while to get to the right temperature. After that, she took another big batch of clay and started dividing it for the plates. She then weights each piece of clay to make sure all of them are the same.

Now it's time for another tedious part of the job. Wedging each piece of clay to make sure no bubble of air is accidentally trapped inside. She already wedged the whole block of clay when she got it, but she wants to be sure no air got inside. It's better to take this precautionary step than to regret not doing it in the future.

Luckily, it's an easy step and she's done in no time.

She throws the first piece of clay on the wheel and starts spinning said wheel.

Emma does all of this while humming to Bicycle Race by Queen. It played on the radio while driving here and that was sure to put her in a rock vibe.

By the time she is done with two plates, the oven is hot enough to bake the other potteries that she has. She switches between making a plate and checking up to make sure no cracks appear in her baked creations.

When she is done with the plates, the first batch of bowls and vases are done and can be left to cool, so she puts the next ones in.

Knowing the freshly sculpted plates need more time to dry, she takes this moment to stretch her back. She discovered a long time ago that it's essential to do this if she wants to keep on moving her back. She'll get so sore if she doesn't stretch often.

After that, she takes her pain out of the storage and starts to sketch ideas for the already baked and cooled bowls and vases. The person who ordered them wants each one of them to be unique enough but also match the rest of the set.

Lost in her work, she doesn't realize that hours have passed since she got here.

It's one of those moments where she realizes how lonely this job actually is. She can't wait for the day she can buy a place in a safer zone and she'll be able to put stuff like speakers up the wall and listen to music or podcasts.

But that day will have to wait.

A knock on the door breaks her out of her thoughts. She furrows her eyebrows since she doesn't expect anyone. She gets up confused, dries her hands on her already stained clothes, and goes to open the door.

A smiling face awaits on the other side.

"Hi!" Wanda bounces on her toes excitedly.

"Hi." Emma replies softly, still taken back by the redhead.