Crush -E.O

Hey, hello. Long time no see. Sorry about that, university's been taking up all of my time. It barely started yet everyone's already reminding us how it's the last year and we will have huge exams at the end of the year. That and also our article for the diploma. Yay me. 

Anyway, this one is hugely inspired by the movie Crush. It's an adorable LGBTQ+ movie with a lot of queer characters. It's honestly so cute. 

High school AU. 

Kind of a short one.

Emma's POV.

She looked so incredible. She was doing some simple task yet I couldn't take my eyes off her. I felt sparks inside of me whenever she looked in my direction or said hi to me in the corridor. 

We barely knew each other but that didn't stop her from greeting me if she was nearby. That's how she was, always smiling and being kind to anyone in this entire school. Maybe that's why she was so loved by everyone.

That or maybe her beauty was enough to catch all of the attention whenever she entered a room. Her caramel hair and green eyes followed by a gorgeous smile got me hooked. Her brain was also a nice addition to the mix. 

The girl was smart as fuck, any time she spoke in class I drop everything just to be able to listen and take every word in. 

"Emma." I barely hear around me, too focused on my staring to pay attention.

Everyone in this school either wanted to be her or be with her. I'm placed in the last category obviously.

"Emma." A hand was waved in front of my face, bringing me back to Earth. "You're staring yet again." My best friend Claire tells me. 

"Sorry." I mutter and avert my glance back to my notebook. 

"It's the third time in the last hour. How she didn't catch on your crush on her is beyond my understanding." Claire complained. "Seriously, dude, do something about it!" She tries to push me but we both know I'm not going to do anything.

There's no way in which she returns my feelings. 

Not when I see her admiring and paying close attention to my sister. My twin sister. 

Despite being twins we are nothing alike. Our looks are different even though we are supposed to be identical twins. Somehow she took all of the beauty with her and barely left me anything. 

She's perfect in every way, shape, or form. It's hard always being compared to her or living in her shadow. I know she is not doing it intentionally but it still hurts. Even our parents treat us differently. She's always a good student, being on top of the class while I'm the 'okay' one or 'you could do better' one. It doesn't even matter that there are times when I'm better at her at something. Our parents would congratulate her while telling me I did well or alright. 

Even coming out she had to make it extravagant. Like, I come out and my parents say okay and we move on. She comes out and everyone makes it a big deal to congratulate her and show support. 

I know she didn't ask for this either, and I imagine the constant pressure to be the perfect daughter our parents think she is, is taking a toll on her. It's not fair on her either. 

We are somewhat close. I know I can rely on her if I need someone to be there for me or to talk with someone. But I don't do it as often as I used to. Nowadays she is hanging out more with the cool and popular kids while I remained with the close group of friends I have. 

"If you won't do anything about it then try and move on." Claire spoke again after a few moments of silence. 

"You think I haven't tried that? It's stupid how much this crush is affecting me." I mutter and turn to the next page in my notebook.