Happy birthday! Who is this? -E.O

Narrator's POV.

Emma zipped her duffel bag and checked her pockets for one more time. She thinks she has everything that she needs for the plane. 

She checks Lizzie's gift one more time, then calls an uber. 

The birthday of her girlfriend is tomorrow and she just managed to get off of work to go see her. She is currently filming something Marvel-related, but can't tell exactly what since contracts and secrets. 

Speaking of secrets, their relationship. 

They have been together for a couple of years but no one really knows, except their families and really close friends.  

Lizzie's team decided that it will be better for the couple if they lay low for the first few months. But they were so glad about the privacy that they got and decided to keep it a secret for a little while longer. It also helped since Emma wasn't as exposed to the public as Lizzie was. 

Her phone ringing broke her out of her daze. 

*Phone call.*

"Hello?" She said not looking at the caller. 

"Yo! Emma are you on the plane yet?" Her best friend Claire asked.

"Not yet. Why?" 

"Just asking. Did you take everything you need?" 

"I hope so."

"So, walk me through your plan again." 

"I will arrive there while she is still filming, her P.A. will give me her room key and I will surprise her there." Emma states easily.

"Okay, good so far. Please tell me that you will buy her some cake at least." 

"I actually thought of that as well. I'll stop by some bakery to buy some, and a flower shop for some flowers." Emma explains further.

"Good. That's great. I've educated you well enough." 

"Ha! You what?" 

"Don't be like that Missy, you know I helped you become the chivalrous woman you are right now." She laughs.

"You did nothing, what are you even talking about right now?"  Emma responds back.

"Jokes aside, I hope your plan works in your favor. Maybe you'll finally get laid. You've been kind of cranky these past few months." Claire states seriously. 

"Why am I friends with you?" Emma asks no one.

"Because I'm amazing." 

"I'm hanging up." 

And she did not joke, she really did close the call.

"We are here." The driver said.

"Thank you so much." She responded.

She paid him and took her baggage with her. 

From there the journey went quite fast, and before she knows it, she is in a bakery looking at their cakes. 

"Have you decided which one?" The woman behind the counter asks her kindly.

"Yes, this one please." She points to one with the perfect amount of both chocolate and vanilla.

She knows that Lizzie prefers both flavors, she can't really choose between them.

"Do you want to customize it before I'll pack it?" The woman asks.