Uber your way into my heart -E.O

Umm. Sorry for the long wait? Your girl was busy, got distracted, and then lost motivation to write. I'm forcing myself to write this one so hopefully, it will end up all right. We shall see. I'm also trying something new. Let me know if you like this style.

Emma's POV.

While exiting the building I'm multitasking by opening my phone, drinking some water, and also paying attention to my surroundings, I wouldn't want to trip right now and embarrass myself in front of all these people. 

The moment I get into my car, an order is already popping on my screen and I'm quick to accept it before I lose it and will have to wait however long for a new client. 

I start the car and look at the distance shown. I'm a bit taken aback when I see that I'm really close to it. 3 minutes and I should be there.

"Beth Chase." I read the lady's name out loud before driving out of the parking lot. 

In the meantime, I'm also playing some music to fill out the space. It's a random playlist I put on shuffle earlier in the day. 

I make it outside a vast building where I see a lady waiting. She's dressed in normal clothes and wears a pair of sunglasses. This reminds me of my mistake this morning of forgetting my own pair of sunglasses and now I have to deal with the scorching sun in my eyes. 

The moment I park she's quick to enter the backseat of the car.

"Hi." She greets me.

"Hi, Beth, right?" I ask to make sure she's the lady I'm supposed to pick up. 

There's been a few instances of other people getting in and then finding out I'm not actually the driver they were assigned.

Surprising considering the car's license plate is shown in the app, but who I am to say anything?

"Yeah." She nods and I'm quick to start driving again. 

It's a 15-minute drive and it's spent in comfortable silence, which I'm already very used to. A lot of people don't feel like talking with strangers, and I'm totally okay with that. I can admit that sometimes those very chatty clients are a bit too much. 

While I'm following the directions from the GPS, a reminder makes itself show on my screen. 

!High protein food: Steak and vegetables. No sugar or sodium!

I hit remind me later while I'm at a red light and quickly make a plan in my head about the next few minutes. I have half an hour left before going back to the building I was at earlier. It's not enough time to drive home and cook this food to then deliver it, so I'll have to buy it from somewhere, again. 

I should be used to this already.

After driving for a few minutes, I pull up to a medium-sized house. 

"Is here okay?" I ask the lady.

"Yeah, thank you." She responds and gives me a polite smile.

"Thank you as well, have a nice day!" I tell her.

"You too!" She says before closing the door.

I quickly finish the ride considering she paid with the card and the app was quick to show me another ride in the area. I accept it and drive in that direction. 

While waiting for the light to turn green, I enter a restaurant's app and quickly order the food. By the time I'm done with this ride, the food should be prepared and ready for pick-up. 

The restaurant shouldn't even be surprised when they see my order by now. I've been having this routine for months now. Sometimes I'm changing the food a bit 'cause I imagine eating the same food, even though it's one time a week, can get boring and tiring. But I always make sure is something high in protein.