It was a good lie Part 2 -W.M

Narrator's POV.

This time Wanda's side. 

"Wanda, we have a mission for you." Tony started one day. 

That is how it all began.

"This is Emma Bartley, she is the main target. She is perfect for this mission. No family, no friends, no one in her life pretty much. If the mission fails, then there won't be someone to miss her." He explained. "She will be your cover for Hydra. Your mission, for now, is to get to know her, and eventually make her your girlfriend. You will have to pretend Wanda. It's for the mission." 

Wanda looked at the picture of this woman and didn't find anything exciting about her. Just a boring female it looks like. 

"Yes." She accepted. "What do we know about her so far?" She asked.

"Everything that is important. Parents left when she was young, never had any real friends. She just blended in. She is attracted to women hence why this is your mission. She works at a supermarket and that is where you will make contact. Do you understand?" Tony asked making sure her friend knew what she was supposed to be doing.

"I think so, yeah. Go in and get her attention." She explained.

"Maybe she is desperate enough to fall for it." Sam joked.

"Uncalled for, really." Nat shoots him a glare. "We want her to be interested in Wanda." 

"When do I begin to show interest in her?" Wanda asks again.

"As soon as possible." Tony said.

"We know her schedule, don't we?" Nat asks.

"Yes, so we can know for sure when to send Wanda." He explained.

And so it started. A few days go by and she is now in the supermarket thinking of an excuse so she can get Emma's attention. 

Wanda also tried to read her mind when she was close enough. What she found was not worth mentioning. The woman was singing some random song while stoking up the shelves. 

She does seem pretty boring. 

But Wanda has to push over those thoughts and focus on her mission. 

After she finally gets her attention, is just a matter of time before they will get together. She already knows that Emma finds her at least beautiful, her thoughts were too loud. Even after Wanda left the aisle. 

Mission is a go. 

She texted Tony to inform him.

Tony 

Good.

Next interaction will be in a few days. We don't want to seem suspicious.

At their 3rd encounter, she finally ripped the band-aid and 'confessed' her feelings. Emma was more than ecstatic to hear Wanda admitting her feelings and the both of them started dating pretty soon after that. 

Emma was... Emma was okay. She did have some qualities here and there, but the flaws were like blinders in Wanda's eyes. So that made her ignore the cute things Emma did for her. 

She had a mission to follow, so with rehearsed questions and conversations, fake smiles, and interest she tried her best on the job. 

"She is getting attached that is good." Nat said one day.

"Hydra is up our asses, they demand the files or else 'there will be consequences'. Steve read the letter they sent a few days ago.

"It doesn't matter, the mission is ongoing, we will finish it." Tony explained.