Crush Part 2 -E.O

I have a few general ideas that I want to write for this part, but besides that, I'm going in blindly. Let's see how this one turns out. 

Also, I'm writing this chapter while the whole book has 169k reads. Which, thank you so much for that, and also, I'm flattered hahaha.

Emma's POV.

So, not only did I dig myself into a hole that I won't be able to get out of any time soon, but I'm also going to a party (?), hangout (?) with my crush, and a bunch of others. Whatever it is, it's going to be a mess of teenagers drinking and playing stupid games.

It's not my first rodeo. Half of the people that got invited to the party are also on the track team and we've started a few traditions over the years. 

One, in particular, I'm very nervous about. It's 7 minutes in Heaven (or bathroom) and the people are chosen randomly. From my experience, I always ended up with people that I'm not really that close to, and we spent the whole time there just awkwardly waiting for the time to pass.

But now Lizzie is there as well and that is terrifying.

I'm not saying that I will end up with her in the bathroom, even though half of me wants that. It's the thought that there's a possibility for it to happen that's making me more nervous. 

God, just thinking about spending time with her alone, in a bathroom where the others are kind of expecting us to at least kiss, gives me shivers. I mean, we are not forced to kiss or something like that, it's everyone's decision what they want to do with their time. 

Would Lizzie even want to kiss me? If I was my sister, maybe, but me? Not sure about that.

Wait, why am I even making those scenarios? There's the smallest possibility for us to end up together in the bathroom. And she can always refuse if she wants to.

Shaking my head to get rid of my thoughts, I jump from my desk where I was sitting making the next doodle and I start to get ready for this hangout. 

With a pair of baggy jeans, some high-top sneakers, and a patterned shirt, in which I left a couple of the top buttons open, I start to get ready while also trying to keep my heart from jumping out of my chest. I accessorize my outfit with a couple of rings and a necklace. 

There, it doesn't scream that I want attention, or that I'm not taking care of myself. 

When I get into the car with my sister, I notice her bad mood.

"Hey, what happened?" I ask while fixing my seatbelt.

"Melissa happened." She mutters in response and starts the car.

"What happened this time?" I ask again while trying to make a list of why they broke up in the past.

There was jealousy.

My sister didn't like the restaurant that they went to for a date.

Melissa said something that Erin, my twin, didn't like. 

Some more jealousy.

Erin didn't get the ice cream flavor that Melissa asked for.

My sister wanted some space to think about things.

Even more jealousy.

Erin accidentally ripped one of Melissa's vintage magazines. 

Melissa made a rude, but true comment about something that I did, and my sister didn't like that very much.

Did I mention jealousy?

"I posted a picture of us and she didn't like the caption or the picture. Apparently, she thinks that the candid picture that I decided to share with the world because she is so cute in it, is making her look horrible. That I should've put one with one of her best angles." She finally responds.