When you say nothing at all -W.M

Hello, long time no see. I had this idea way before starting to write for this book, and I finally finished it. I think I started writing for it back in January. I remember sitting down at uni while having a break between classes and starting to write this story. So enjoy! 

This is quite a long-ish one.

Narrator's POV.

The mission was going, not great, especially for one of the members of the Avengers team. And that someone was the redheaded witch that goes by the name of Wanda.

It was supposed to be a simple mission, go in, get the info, and get out. It was anything but that. The Hydra agents were expecting them, most importantly, they were expecting her.

"Wanda, where are you?" Steve asks in the coms.

It was a mission with them and Clint, who was currently on the other side of the building fighting his own share of Hydra agents.

Steve, on the other hand, went straight it, without too much of a plan besides 'kill everyone on sight', but what's to be expected from him? This wasn't the first time he's done this, nor will it be the last.

"I'm in the lower levels." She responds with a huff in her voice.

She was getting tired and the agents seems to be multiplying whenever she downed someone. She won the fight against one, two more suddenly appear out of thin air.

"Get out of there quickly, Clint's planning on bombing the building." He shouts out of breath, which means he's either running or fighting others.

"Got it." She mutters and quickly makes work of kicking down the last remaining agents. "This room is clear." She says in her coms. "I'm coming up now."

But before she could take another step toward the door, it is quickly shut down locking her in.

"Shit." She almost shouts getting the attention of her other two teammates.

"What? What happened?" Clint quickly questions.

"They've sealed the doors." She explains and scans the room for another way out.

"I'm coming to get you out." Steve doesn't hesitate. "See if you can burst the doors open." He instructs.

She uses her powers once, the door doesn't move. Twice, nothing. Thrice, still nothing.

"What the?" She mumbles and tries again.

"Any luck?" Clint asks.

"No." She moves her attention to the ceiling wanting to burst a hole into it.

She gets one hit in before she stops abruptly.

"What's that smell?" She questions no one, her tone confused and tired.

"Try to not breathe it!" Steve tells her.

But it's too late, she already got a few good breaths of that substance.

She tries to use her powers but finds herself getting more confused when only small sparks come out of her hands.

"My powers?" Wanda mumbles completely shocked. Everything around her is becoming suddenly too much for her and she wants nothing more than to fall asleep.

"Wanda?" Clint calls her but the sound is too muffled for the witch to hear.

"Wanda!" Steve tries as well. "I'm at the door. Try to take cover!" He instructs and uses his shield to hit the door's hinges.

"I'm right behind you. Let's see if one of my explosive arrows will work." Clint calls behind him and when he sees Steve using his shield to protect himself, he shoots.