Now everybody hates you, congrats Part 3 -W.M

Got requests for part 3, so here it is.

Emma's POV

In my luck, Wanda got up from the cuddle and went to use the bathroom. It gave me the perfect excuse to turn on my side knowing the others would appear any moment now. I could just pretend I'm asleep. 

I am not in the mood to listen to them right now. Part of me believes they actually want to yell at me for something that I didn't do during the mission. Or about how what I did was very stupid and idiotic.

I really don't want that. 

When Wanda came back into the room, this time with the others next to her, I put on my best act of being asleep.

"She was awake a few minutes ago." Wanda said softly. 

I feel someone coming and sitting in the chair in front of me, but I don't move.

"She must be exhausted." Nat said.

"I mean, did you see what she did? Of course, she would be drained after that." Clint said mindblown.

"Yeah, what she did was impressive." Steve said.

I don't let it get to my head. I did what was necessary. And frankly, if I were more prepared, I wouldn't be here in the medbay bed in the first place. 

"Did she say anything when she was awake?" Steve asks Wanda.

"No. Not a single word." Wanda I assume shakes her head.

"You said you talked with her before the mission as well." Nat said this time.

"Yes, we have a small conversation before being called into the meeting room." Wanda responded.

I felt a hand caressing my cheek softly, but I did my best not to react to it.

"Did she say anything then?" Nat asks.

"No." Wanda sighs. "She just shakes her head yes or no." Wanda explains.

"She must be really mad at us." Steve concludes.

"No, she is not mad at us." Tony finally speaks. "She is mad at herself."

"What? That doesn't make sense." Steve says.

"Tony is right." Wanda sighs again. "She is mad at herself because she thinks she could do better so she pushes herself to the extreme." 

"So, you are saying that in a way, by not speaking she is punishing herself?" Steve asks.

"Kind of. I think she feels as if she is undeserving of speaking." Nat says. "I remember the day before that mission, we had another smaller one and I just caught her coming from the locker room. I tried speaking with her but I only got a nod."

"Unknowingly we did some damage, guys." Wanda spoke again. "Some really deep damage."

"We must do something, right?" Clint asks.

"Yes, but what exactly?" Steve asks this time.

"We should start by apologizing." Tony said, which was surprising knowing that he doesn't really apologize that much when he is in the wrong.

"That won't work." Wanda says. "Not as long as she believes what was said after the accident."

All through the conversation, I felt what I think is Wanda's hand, caressing my face, then my shoulder, followed by my arm. 

It felt good to be receiving the soft and tender gesture from her. It's something that I missed so much,  but I was too afraid to admit it. Afraid that if I say it out loud then it's becoming more real and I won't ever receive her kind attention.