The hotel room mix-up -E.O

I literally have 27 ideas on my phone, for one-shots, and 19 drafts here. And I'm not counting the ideas in my head that I forgot to write down. 

Anyway, requests are always open, if you want/have an idea that you like, tell me. I will try my hardest to write it in a way you'll like.

I got this idea so random, and I thought it was funny.

Future me: this chapter turned out longer than expected. 

Emma's POV.

"Emma, are you ready for the trip to New York?" My boss asked me.

"Yes, ma'am. I have the spreadsheets and presentations prepared for the meetings." I nodded.

"Of course, you have them. That's why I sent you and not someone else." She said.

"That and because it's a very important meeting, and you don't want anyone to mess it up." I giggle.

"That's also the truth, yes." She gives me a smile.

"I will try my hardest not to mess it up." I answer anxious, my fears getting ahold of me.

"You won't, don't worry. I know you would do just great. And if they don't accept the deal, then it's their loss." She reassures me with a calm voice.

"Thank you!" I smile and leave the room.

Since I have to get ready for the trip, I was allowed to leave early and get ready for the journey there. I have an early plane tomorrow, and the meeting is in the late afternoon. 

My hotel room is already taken care of, thanks to my lovely boss who is a breath of fresh air. It's nice to see employers who care about their employees. It's one of the reasons why I didn't leave this company when I had the occasions.

The environment and employees are nice and it's been a pleasure to go to work every day. 

"Honey, I'm home!" I call out as soon as I open the door of my apartment.

Soon enough I hear steps coming my way. 

"There you are!" I say excitedly. 

Soon enough, I'm tackled down by a mess of fur.

"Did you miss me?" I ask my dog when she started to lick my face and wiggle her tail. "I missed you too." I say and start to pet her stomach when she laid down, knowing she is going to be petted.

I stay right there, by the door of my apartment, knowing that I won't be able to move for a few minutes until she is satisfied with the amount of attention she got from me. This is the 'punishment' I get for leaving her alone for a few hours.

I don't want to know what I'll get for leaving her for a few days. 

"Done? Can I go pack my bag now?" I ask when she gets up. 

She bites my arm softly and drags me to the couch.

"I guess not." I get ready for another session of petting and cuddling with her. "Aunt Claire is going to take care of you for a few days since I will be in another state." I tell her softly.

I get a little whine from her.

I don't know if it's because I stopped petting her to scratch at my nose, or she understood what I was telling her. I'd like to think she understands me.

"I'm sorry, honey. If I could take you, I would." I kiss her head.

After half an hour, she falls asleep and I finally get up from the couch to pack a small bag for the few days I will stay in NY. I'm able to stay a bit longer regardless of how the meeting goes, so that means I get to visit the city for a bit.