Enchanted -W.M

Pretty much based on Taylor Swift's song: Enchanted. I've been listening to it for a few months now, so what better way to get it out of my system than to write a scenario with it? 

Italics are both lyrics and flashbacks.

Emma's POV.

I take a deep breath and turn a bit to not at Monica, the other guitarist, signaling her that she could start. My grip on my guitar is tightening the longer I stay on this stage with all of the attention on us. 

"There I was again tonight. Forcing laughter, faking smiles." I sing into the mic remembering the person I wrote this song about. 

I was invited to sing a song or two at some fancy event. After I sang the songs I was forced to stay and mingle after against my will. I talked with rich white and old men left and right, pretending to care about what they were saying despite having no idea what was going on around me.

"Same old tired, lonely place. Walls of insincerity. Shifting eyes and vacancy." I softly shake my head remembering the distress I felt in those moments.

I went to the bar to try and drown my sorrows with some hard alcohol. Already tired of the money discussion everyone seemed to want to have.

"Vanished when I saw your face." I let out a smile remembering her. "All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you." I sing and look in the crowd just to see a lot of unfamiliar faces. 

With a glass of some hard alcohol I couldn't name, I turned around and let my eyes take in everyone in the room. That's when I saw her. 

She was already looking at me.

Something about her was drawing me in. It was a new feeling that I don't think I have ever experienced before. She had this enchanting aura around her that was calling me.

"Your eyes whispered, "Have we met?". 'Cross the room your silhouette. Starts to make its way to me." I close my eyes and I can picture the gorgeous woman walking toward me with a curious expression on her face. She was determined to talk with me.

I was left dumbfounded by the redhead that was currently walking in my direction. She kept eye contact and I felt a sense of familiarity that I have never felt in my life. From her questioning gaze, I could tell she felt the same thing. 

It felt like I already knew her. A part of me knew her even though I have never seen this woman in my entire life. I would've remembered her alluring aura.

"The playful conversation starts. Counter all your quick remarks. Like passing notes in secrecy." I felt a smile play on my lips when I remember how she made a mark on me from the first conversation. 

"So, besides being a goddess in this white-men-infested party, what do you do for fun?" She asks sliding herself on the empty seat next to me.

I let out a laugh at her joke which seemed to make a smirk appear on her face.

"Good one. I could ask you the same thing." I retort, matching her smirk with one of my own.

"I've been dragged here against my choice." She says and signals the bartender for some drink I didn't catch the name of.

"What a coincidence, me too." I admit and take a sip of the hard liquor.

"I'm Wanda." She turns around and finally lets me see her incredible green eyes that have some glint in them. I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

"I'm Emma." I give her my hand to shake and I could swear to all the gods that exist, that I felt sparks in the area that she touched.

"And it was enchanting to meet you. All I can say is, I was enchanted to meet you." I softy sing into the microphone trying to find all of the familiar faces that are in the crowd. If I concentrated hard enough, I could almost see her green eyes. Almost.