The hottest day of the year -E.O

Before we go into the story, I want to ask you guys 2 important questions. So bare with me for a bit.

For those of you who read 'Betrayal' and asked for a part 2. If I write it (there's a big if), which one would you prefer:

Do you want Emma to get back together with Lizzie and 'work on their problems' and stuff? (Comment here if you do.)

Or do you want Emma to meet someone new? (Comment here if you do.) 

But I mean, this is a Lizzie/Wanda book so yeah, haha. 

And for those who liked the previous one-shot with 'The hotel room mix-up' and asked for another part.

Do you want me to post that one here? After I write it, of course. (Comment here if you do.)

Or are you alright with me maybe writing a book in the future? It will be mostly fluff since I already have enough angsty ideas in my head, and I kind of don't want to make that one of them. (Comment here if you do.)

I'll be waiting for your answers.

Meanwhile, enjoy! It's a long one.

Narrator's POV.

Emma was gardening on what seemed to be one of the hottest days of the year, so far. The wheater forecast said that tomorrow would be even hotter, so she really dreaded that. 

She wouldn't say she prefers the cold wheater, but she doesn't like to feel like she is burning alive. 

She was currently ripping up any weeds that she saw in the large garden. She was also keeping an eye out for the dog running around. The last thing she wants is for him to jump into the pool while being covered in dirt since he was digging up some holes just a few minutes ago. 

She knew she had to wash him eventually, but that seemed like a problem for future Emma. Right now she was dealing with the garden while trying not to melt.

She had a hat on so she won't get any heatstroke, and a short-sleeved flannel to protect her back from getting sunburned. 

She was also scolding herself a bit since she forgot to connect her phone to the outside speakers earlier before she got her hands all dirty. She didn't mind the quietness she was offered while doing the current task, but she would have preferred it if she was listening to some tunes. 

If it was quiet it meant a better opportunity for her brain to think, and for her anxieties to come to the surface. She was fine most of the time, but some days seemed a bit harder than the others. 

Emma prepared some homemade lasagna earlier, just to occupy her time. She did everything from scratch. From the sauces, she used, to the pasta sheets. She made enough to feed a small army, but she wasn't worried about it. She could always pack it up and donate it. She's been doing that for a few years now. 

But Emma got so focused on what she was doing that she didn't hear the front door open, and someone calling her.

"Babe!" Only the 2nd time she heard it, and that was mostly because Red started getting more energetic if that was even possible.

She quickly got up and ran after the dog.

"No! Don't jump in the pool. Mommy would kill us both!" She yelled at him when she saw he made a beeline for the water. 

Emma started running faster.

"Red!" She yelled again while jumping to catch him. He was a few feet away from the pool. "Come on boy, I just cleaned it today." She told him while getting up, this time Red was in her arms.