Betrayal -E.O

Feeling kind of angsty for some reason, so here you go.

Angst.

Narrator's POV.

The day that would end up breaking Emma started out as a normal day. The sun was shining brighter than usual, the birds were chirping some beautiful song that she didn't know. It felt like one of those Disney movies and she was the main character. 

She got off the bed and got ready for today. She wanted to surprise her girlfriend, Lizzie, at her workplace. They were together for over 2 years and even though the relationship was a secret from the public eye, everybody at Marvel knew about them and helped in keeping the secret. 

This means that the cast knew as well. They were so supportive when Lizzie first introduced Emma, and a beautiful friendship has blossomed over the years. 

Work has been a bit shit on Emma's part in the last month so she didn't see them as much as she wanted, but despite that, she tried her hardest to make time for her girlfriend. When she got off from work she would drive by to Lizzie's place with a bouquet of flowers and some food she bought. They would cuddle and watch a movie on the couch. Most times, Emma would spend the night there. 

They were not living together yet, but it was an idea for the nearest future.

A future that was very close in Emma's opinion. She wanted to propose to Lizzie pretty soon. She has been carrying the ring around waiting for the perfect moment to happen. But since she was so busy, it was not possible at the moment.

But today things changed. She finally handed in the big project she was working on and got herself a few days off. Days she would spend with Lizzie, of course.

She dressed casually, put the ring in one of her jacket pockets (just in case the perfect moment happens), and left the apartment.  

The drive there was very calming and she vibed the whole time to an amazing playlist she found not long ago. Today seemed like the perfect day in her opinion. Her mood was incredible, the wheater was in her favor, and she finally gets to see her friends after she kind of neglected them.

When she got into the building she greeted everyone that she knew, with a smile and a small wave. They offered one in return.

Later on the day, she would realize they were looking with pity at her.

But for now, she felt like she was on top of the world.

"Hello, guys!" She said as soon as she got into the room that most of the cast hangs into. 

"Hi, Emma! Didn't expect to see you today." Scarlett was the first one to greet her.

"Well, I finished the important project that I was working on, and decided to meet you since I missed you guys." Emma started hugging everyone.

"We missed you too." Evans said with a sad smile.

Someone was missing from this scenery though, and that someone was her girlfriend. But knowing Lizzie, she was most probably in the bathroom or around the kitchen to get some food, or even outside taking in all the warmth the sun had to offer.

She quickly got into conversation with the cast. If she were to pay more attention, she would have noticed some of them being reserved and quiet. Some looked like they wanted to say something but refrained from doing so.

Finally, Tom decided to be the one to bite the bullet.

"Emma. Um... I think you would want to see this." He gave her his phone.