Who keeps on putting mistletoes around the compound?! -W.M

I know I said the next chapter that I'll post would be an angsty one, but life got in the way and then I was in the angsty mood, I couldn't write anything. Uni was really stressful these past few weeks. 

But I'm back with a Christmassy one. So, Marry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays, or whatever else you guys are celebrating!  

I'm kind of exhausted right now but I couldn't not write anything so let's see where this one goes.

Emma's POV.

The week before Christmas was definitely filled with a lot of things to do. From buying all of the food that will be needed for the holiday or help in decorating the compound and the area surrounding it.

Tony, being Tony, wanted the whole place to feel like a movie, with lights and decorations everywhere. It kind of defeats the whole 'the location of this place is secret' kind of thing. But who can argue with the billionaire? If he sets his mind on something, he will make sure to do it.

So that meant all of my teammates and I were given different tasks. I thankfully was not assigned any cooking-related ones. After I almost burned a pizza in the oven because I got distracted, I've been banned from using the cooking appliance. 

In my defense, I got distracted because Wanda came in to ask me to help her with the mission reports. And who am I to say no to the godly witch?

Long story short, we left the kitchen to talk in the living room, and while I was explaining to her what she needs to fill in some columns we were interrupted by the fire alarm blaring in the whole compound. 

I think the whole compound knows about my crush on miss Wanda, and they are teasing me any chance they get. From pairing us together in training and missions to assigning seats at the table where I was placed next to her. 

Nat took it as her own opportunity to get closer to Wanda so she could make me jealous in hopes that I would confess. 

Wanda though? She's as clueless as they come. 

So oblivious that when you search for the definition of the word, her face pops up. 

We could be sitting in the living room and they would be teasing me about my crush and how red I'm getting any time Wanda is near me, and she'll stay there, not say anything, most likely zoning out. And when somebody asks for her attention she'll snap out of it and pay attention, only for her to not understand the teasing. 

Now, some small part of me is thinking the others are planning something for this Christmas, most definitely locking us in a room until I confess and maybe, hopefully, something good comes out of it. Or they will just straight up spell it out with lights for her to read. 

I can already imagine 'Emma is in love with you, Wanda' written on the ground. 

But if she still doesn't get it after that, then I don't know what to do anymore. 

Returning to today's activity, I've been tasked with decorating the trees outside the compound. Tony made some lights that would light up at his command and are powered by only he knows what. 

I stopped questioning anything that man does, a long time ago. 

Wanda was tasked with making the food. I couldn't have picked a better person to cook for us. She will be helped by Nat since the assassin couldn't be bothered to help with the lights. 

So while I'm using my abilities to fly, I can't help but let my mind wander to the two redheads in our kitchen. I imagine Nat hinting that I like Wanda, which I know that she did before, only for the witch to respond that I'm very sweet to her and she likes me as a friend too.