Happy New Year! Or whatever -W.M

Maybe a little bit of angst?

Narrator's POV

"Can you not do it, Tony?" Steve complained.

"How could I not throw a party for the New Year's?" Tony asked shocked.

"We are not in the mood for it. Can't we just hang out? Just us?" Bruce said this time.

"So, none of you want the party this year?" Tony asked the rest of the group. When he only received shakes of their heads, he let out a sigh. "Okay, fine. You win. Whatever."

"We've had a stressful year, all that we want is to chill for a night. Sorry, Tony." Emma apologized for the group.

"It's fine." He shrugged.

"Anyone has any idea in particular of what we will do?" Nat asked while leaning further into the couch.

"Maybe watch some movies, have take-out. Something chill." Bucky suggested.

"We need to have fireworks though. That's not something to discuss." Tony said.

"If you want fireworks, you can buy some." Emma shrugged.

When the group finally went their own ways, Emma went to the kitchen to snack on something. 

"Emma, can I talk with you?" Vision asked her.

"Yes Vision, of course you can." She turned around her attention fully on the synthezoid. "How can I help you?" 

"It's about Wanda." He stated.

She felt herself get stiffer. The witch was her best friend. And Emma was totally not crushing on her.

"What about her?" Emma asked trying to act as normal as possible.

"Ever since I got put into this body and powered by the Mind Stone, I feel a connection to her. I don't know how to explain it." He explained.

"So you think you might like her?" She asked patiently. 

"I have no idea how human emotions work. But there is something that always draws me to her." 

"Interesting." She nodded.

"Do you think that perhaps I should speak to her?" He wondered.

"It seems like the right thing to do. I really don't know Vis." Emma tried to ignore the pain in her body.

"What would you do?" He asked.

She almost let out a bitter laugh. She's been hiding her crush since Wanda came into the team. And that was like, half a year ago. 

"I guess I'll talk with her?" She asked more than stated.

"Okay. I think I will tell her tomorrow." He nodded more to himself than to Emma. "Thank you."

"No problem." Emma responded before leaving the kitchen. Her appetite long gone.

Emma always knew there was something between Wanda and Vision. There was a connection between them that could not be broken by anybody. 

Wanda is always talking with him or training with him. So she must feel the same things for him.

Fucking great.

And tomorrow is the New Year's celebration, so she will be forced to watch them share a kiss at midnight. 

Fuck.

Wanda always treated Emma like a friend, so of course that made Emma push down her feelings even more. Afraid of rejection, she didn't act at all on her feeling.