Sick day -E.O

@Caroline062521 suggested this idea. I put my own twist in it though. 

Narrator's POV.

Emma woke up to the sound of someone puking. In an instant, she jumped from her bed and into the bathroom. As soon as she saw her girlfriend, Lizzie, bend over the toilet emptying her stomach contents, she went to her and took a hold of her hair while also rubbing her back comfortingly. 

"It's okay. It's okay." She said trying to calm her girlfriend.

When Lizzie was finally done, she leaned against the wall. She didn't look too good.

"You have a bit of a fever." Emma said after touching her forehead. "Let's wash you up and get you back to bed." Lizzie only nodded in return.

Emma helped her clean herself up before helping her to bed.

"What are your exact symptoms?" Emma asked after she made sure Lizzie was snuggled in.

"My tummy hurts." Lizzie barely said.

"Oh honey, you must've gotten one of those stomach bugs." Emma carefully caressed her cheek. Lizzie only groaned in return. "Do you have work today?" Emma asked softly.

"Day off." Lizzie muttered.

"That's good at least. I can call in for you and get tomorrow's as well. Just to be sure." Emma suggested.

After a bit of consideration, Lizzie gave in and nodded.

"I'll go and call Maria." Emma wanted to get up, but Lizzie instantly grabbed her hand.

She knew she had to talk with Lizzie's manager because no one at Marvel knew who she was. Maria knew about her, and their secret relationship. 

"Don't leave." Lizzie said with such a sad and hurt voice.

It broke Emma's heart. 

"I'll be back in one second, I also have to bring you some pills to help you get rid of this stomach bug." Emma replied softly while caressing Lizzie's face. "We still have them from when I was sick. It will go away sooner if you start taking them now." She explained. "I also have to talk with my boss and see if he'll let me stay home today." She groaned.

"Don't take too long." Lizzie pouted.

"I'll be as quick as I can, my love." Emma gave her a kiss on her forehead then left the room.

After spending around 10 minutes outside their bedroom, Emma had some news. Some were good, some, not so much. 

"Okay, I'm back." She said as soon as she stepped foot into the room. "I have good and bad news, which ones do you want to hear first?" Emma asked carefully while taking a seat near the bed, close to Lizzie. 

"Bad." Lizzie muttered.

"I only managed to get half of the day off. I still need to go in and do my job." She pouted when she saw Lizzie's face drop. "I'm so sorry, my love." She apologized.

"It's not your fault." Lizzie said hoarsely.

"But on the good news. I talked with Maria, who talked with the people at Marvel and got the next 2 days off. If you don't get better by then, you will have a few other days off. I also talked with the doctor and explained the symptoms. He suggested that you should take the same pills I took when I had it. And also, a lot of rest and try to eat some light foods. A lot of vitamins though." She explained.

"Love you." Lizzie said after she was done. 

"I love you too." Emma gave her a big smile. "While on the phone, I prepared the vegetable for some soup. It is boiling right now, and it should be done by the time I have to leave for work. When you feel like it, please try to eat a little bit 'cause you need the nutrients." Emma explained patiently.