Do you come here often? -E.O

I just thought of this on my way to uni. Seemed sweet haha. 

Narrator's POV.

Emma looked at her reflection one more time before she decided she looked good enough. She put on her coat, over her turtleneck, and left the apartment. Not before making sure she has the files she needs to drop at her work though. 

She checked her watch and saw that she had plenty of time to spare, so that means she won't have to rush in L.A's traffic. 

When she got to her car she placed the folder with the files in her dashboard compartment and started driving. She will have to make a detour before she gets to her work, and she just wants to get there already because she wants to see one of her favorite people ever. 

Traffic, for the most part, was acceptable, better than other days. She vibed the whole ride to music. When she arrived at her destination, she had to wait for a few minutes until the bell will ring.

She got near the gates so she will be able to spot a little ball of joy, a.k.a, her favorite human. 

And there she is, a little human being saw Emma as well and started running in her direction.

"Emma!" Ciara, her little sister, yelled and hugged her tight. 

(A/n: Pronounced: Kee-ra).

"Hey there, little sunshine!" She responded.

"Mama told me you were going to pick me up." Her sister said excitedly. "And that I'm going to spend a week at your place." She rambled.

"Oh man, I wanted to tell you the surprise." Emma pouted. 

Ciara was 7 years old. Emma tried to visit her family as often as she could. She often feels like she misses her sister growing up.

"Come with me!" Ciara broke away from her embrace and dragged Emma with her. "I want you to meet my best friend Rose!" She says excitedly.

 "Well, now I'm excited!" She matched her sister's enthusiasm. 

Soon enough they saw another blonde girl who seemed to be waiting for them. 

"Rose! This is my big sister Emma. The one that I keep on telling you about." Ciara hypes her sister up.

"Hello there, little bean!" Emma arranged her coat and crouched down so we will be at somewhat the same level as the girls. 

"Hi!" Rose responded with a big smile. "Are you really a genius at math?" It's the first thing she asks.

"Haha, I wouldn't call myself a genius. But I'm pretty good yes." Emma responds blushing.

"That's not true!" Ciara pouts then turns to Rose. "She is a genius. She works with numbers every day. She always helps me with my homework." Ciara rambles. 

Truth is, Emma was kind of a math genius, but she didn't like to admit that. She just enjoys doing math in general. 

"That's why I know so much, she teaches me!" Ciara bounces on her toes.

"That is so cool!" Rose looks at Emma with awe. "I need help too. Can you teach me as well?" She asks giving Emma some puppy eyes.

Emma giggles a little at the small girls. "Sure, I don't see why not. We will have to talk with your parents though. Speaking of, who is picking you up sweetie?" Emma looked around and saw that most of the kids were gone by now.

"My mom should come for me. But I want to ask her to let me hang out with Ciara. She said she will if her parents allow it as well." Rose rambles. "Do you let Ciara hang out with me?" She asks, now the girls looked at Emma with hopeful eyes.