Red carpet and compliments Part 2 -E.O

This one is long overdue. I'm sorry about that. 

Emma's POV.

The after-party started soon enough. I can say that I've been to enough in my career. Usually, the ones after premiers are calmer. The ones after some awards are usually wilder. Especially the music ones. And let me tell you that I have seen a lot...

There is a mutual understanding that we don't talk about what happens here. It stays between those doors. I've seen so many cheat on their significant others, or spouses. Or just some random hook-ups from some celebrities that I was not expecting. 

But as I said, no one says anything. We all pretend to turn a blind eye.

I go to the bar wanting to order something to drink. Definitely, not alcohol 'cause I'm not really feeling like getting wasted. I also see some mutuals and instantly wave at them. 

I'm not one to go after celebrities and try to force a conversation. I usually hang around with people I know from the same work field or dance on the dance floor. 

Some familiar faces are in the room, but not the main cast yet. Some like to be fashionably late, and nothing is wrong with that. 

For now, I'm enjoying my non-alcoholic drink and people-watch. I can already see some movie crew hitting on some reporters. Some are responding to the flirting, some not so much. Those are the moments in which I'm regretting not coming with an 'I don't like men' banner. 

But like, the suit and the rings have to be a given at least, right? 

Half an hour later and I'm starting to see more actors coming and going straight for the bar to enjoy some drinks. Some just go to the dance floor to let out some steam. Nothing out of the extraordinary so far. 

I look around for my favorite bunette and I see her chatting with Scarlett and a few other Marvel actors. She seems to enjoy herself so that makes me happy. 

"Look, if it isn't our friend, Emma right?" I hear Anthony ask behind me. 

I quickly turn around and smile, surprised that he remembered my name.

"Yep, that's me." I smile at him and Sebastian. "How come you remembered me?" I ask confused.

Usually, some actors forget as soon as they are done with us. Some don't even care enough to memorize it while we are in the middle of the interview.

"How could I forget the best interview this night? I thought we were friends." He puts his hand on his chest and dramatically gasps.

"Well, after that comment we are definitely friends." I wink at him. 

"Can I buy you anything? Do you want something to drink?" He asks while looking for the bartender.

"No it's fine, I've got my cocktail here already." I point to him.

"What are you doing here all alone?" Sebastian asks while sipping from his beer.

"I was enjoying my drink and watching around." I shrug. 

I look around the room and my gaze sets on Lizzie again. She has her head thrown backward, mid-laugh.

Ugh, can she look more beautiful?

"Well, now you have company." Anthony says. 

"I'm here, what did I miss?" Evans is suddenly close to us. 

"Nothing much, just chatting with our friend here." Anthony points at me.

"Emma, hi! Did you enjoy the movie?" Evans offers me an enthusiastic smile.