A not-so-little secret -E.O

Kind of angsty.

Also, mention of abuse and rape.

Emma's POV.

One of the things I hate the most is waking up early. I hate it with a burning passion. But since I'm a mother, I can't sleep in, in the mornings. I have to bring my daughter to daycare, then go to work. I especially hate it, after a night in which I stayed awake more than I should.

With a sigh I get ready for the day, then make sure my girl has everything that she needs with her.

"You ready love?" I ask her while putting some coffee in my travel mug. 

"Yes mama." She answers while hugging her plushie to the chest.

Sometimes I think she loves that plushie more than she loves me, she never leaves without it. It is actually a Hulk plushie, that I won for her at the carnival. She instantly fell in love with it, so, me seeing that, I did everything in my power to win it. And after a few tries, I actually did. Since then, is been her favorite. 

She started being interested in Marvel movies, so I was pretty much forced to buy her a lot of toys with the superheroes. But again, I would spoil her regardless.

She says she loves Hulk because he is just sad that he is alone, and everybody is scared of him. When he wouldn't actually hurt anybody, he just wants friends. 

She also loves Thor because he 'has the sparkle's power.' Apparently, that is his power, he sparkles. 

When it comes to women tho, she struggles picking her favorites. It changes every time. From Natasha to Wanda, to Captain Marvel, then to Storm or Pheonix. It really depends on what she is watching at that moment. Either the movies or the animations. She always finds new heroes that are her favorites.

"Let's go." I say when I have everything that I need, with me.

She raises her hand and I take it softly after I lock the door. 

"Today nana is coming to take you after daycare. Are you excited to see her?" I ask while sitting down on my knees to be at eye level with her.

I know she loves when people are speaking to her like equals, it shows her that they don't look down at her.

"Yess. I love nana." She squeals excitedly.

"She loves you to bun. Also, remember that you will only see me tonight. But don't worry about it, nana has a whole day planned for you two." I poke her nose, and she scrunchies it adorably.

"I will miss you." She pouts slightly.

"I know baby, I will miss you as well. But mama has work to go to." I remind her.

"I know. You go and help people!" She says excitedly. "Like a superhero!" She exclaims.

"Not really hun." I ruffle her hair then get up to start walking to the daycare place.

"You help people, so you are a superhero!" She says confidently.

I'm more of a consultant for people to chose the best jobs with their qualities. And when I don't really have many clients, in the same company, I work as a real estate agent. 

When the street gets a little more crowded, I pick her up, so she can stay on my hip while her hands fly to my neck. She is also currently mumbling about an episode of some animation, either the X-Men one or Spider-Man one. About how the character doubted their powers as well, but in the end, he saved the day. I half-listen to her, and half pay attention to where I'm going.