I don't need you -E.O

benicejoy gave me this idea and is too good not to write it. Especially now that I'm feeling inspired and in the mood for some angst.

So, angst again. 

Narrator's POV.

"Come on baby, is late and we need to go to sleep." Lizzie mumbled in her girlfriend's neck.

"Oh man, and I was so relaxed. Now you're making me move." She teases.

"You can relax back in bed. Come on." Lizzie said before taking her last energy left and standing up. 

"Are you tired, my love?" Emma asked, but when she saw Lizzie yawning and tiredly moving from the couch, she scoped her into her arms. Now carrying her into the bedroom. "Will tomorrow be as stressful and tiring as today?" 

"Yes. The whole week actually. I can't wait to be done filming. I need a break." She yawned again.

Emma placed her girlfriend on their shared bed and quickly put the blanket over her. 

"Go to sleep babe." She kissed her forehead.

"I will when you come to bed too." Lizzie protested while yawning again.

"I'm coming in a second, I need to charge my phone." Came the response. 

A few seconds later, the bed dipped and Lizzie felt her girlfriend's arms pulling her closer. 

"Goodnight." She said.

"Goodnight babe." With a kiss on Lizzie's head, Emma went to sleep with a smile on her face.

In the morning, Lizzie was already gone when she woke up. But she was already used to Lizzie's hectic schedule. So she did her morning routine like she normally does, while also waiting for the day to pass. 

Emma was visiting her girlfriend for a while, while said girlfriend was in another state filming. She hated it but knew that she can't do anything about it. A few hours with Lizzie are better than no Lizzie. 

All through the day, she took care of Lizzie's garden, made dinner for her girlfriend, cleaned the place a little bit, swam in the pool as well. Pretty much anything that would make the day pass by quickly. 

When her girlfriend did come home, she was again, tired but grateful for her girlfriend nonetheless. They dinned together while Lizzie shared stories from her work. 

After some silence between the two, Emma asked the question that has been eating at her brain.

"Do you think is time that we go public?" She finally asked.

Lizzie sighed. "I don't think it is. I'm still not prepared for it." She saw her girlfriend's face fall and she quickly continued. "I like what we have now, I like the privacy and the media being off my back for a little bit." She said honestly. "I'm sorry."

"No, no. Don't apologize love. You have nothing to apologize for. I understand you not being ready. I won't push you to do something you are not comfortable doing." Emma quickly reassured her. 

"Thank you. We will eventually, but not now." Lizzie quickly kissed her girlfriend on the cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too." Was the immediate response. "Don't worry. We will come out when you are ready." 

The rest of the day went on quickly after that conversation. The fact is, they have been together for over 5 months. And managed to keep it a secret from the media. It was easier on Emma's part since she was a normal person. Not someone who was constantly in the public eye. Besides their families, no one knew and Lizzie wanted it to remain like that. At least for a little while.